Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is running h22 with f22 tranny then swap to h22 tranny or is still using f tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is running h22 with f22 tranny then swap to h22 tranny or is still using f tranny

ok im asking this because i decided to use my jdm h22 with my f tranny since i dont have the money to purchase or convert my auto h tranny to 5 speed.just want to know what people like and dont like about using the f tranny with the h22

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
    ok im asking this because i decided to use my jdm h22 with my f tranny since i dont have the money to purchase or convert my auto h tranny to 5 speed.just want to know what people like and dont like about using the f tranny with the h22
    i like the consistency of the shifts and the gas mileage. I hate second gear when im trying to go fast.

Comment

H tranny will get you going

but I wish I have an F one for when I take long trips

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i have an H with an F series trans. before i got my chipped ECU i hated falling out of vtec when i shifted into second, even at redline, i also hate non LSD

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
          i have an H with an F series trans. before i got my chipped ECU i hated falling out of vtec when i shifted into second, even at redline, i also hate non LSD
          X2
          I hated waiting to hit VTEC and I just got tuned so I stay in VTEC. I love 3rd gear being able to drop it down to 3rd on the highway.
          NEW PSN
          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
          RIP

Comment

well i have a f20b and my f tranny the tranny sucks if you want to go fast. example i raced my homeboys eclipse he pulled on me by 2 cars in the first 2 gears. i started to reel him in but ended up losing by a 1/2 car. the same car with my m2s4 tranny without 3rd gear beat him by 2. my car does not make enough powa for those long gears.
            My Ride Thread
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129235
            MY RACE FOOTAGE
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139424
            The Good ol days

Comment

I started off with an H tranny, then switched to the F tranny. If you're looking for straight accelleration, the H tranny is the way to go, but I didn't like cruisiing at 4000 RPM at about 70MPH. THe F tranny is much better for freeway cruising (and the top end isn't bad either). But I went all out and got an LSD equipped GearSpeed tranny (H2U5 with 4.7 final drive and Quaiffe LSD). Not the cheap way to go, but I'm VERY happy with it. I also got a 2-3 MPG increase with the F trans over the H trans.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                I started off with an H tranny, then switched to the F tranny. If you're looking for straight accelleration, the H tranny is the way to go, but I didn't like cruisiing at 4000 RPM at about 70MPH. THe F tranny is much better for freeway cruising (and the top end isn't bad either). But I went all out and got an LSD equipped GearSpeed tranny (H2U5 with 4.7 final drive and Quaiffe LSD). Not the cheap way to go, but I'm VERY happy with it. I also got a 2-3 MPG increase with the F trans over the H trans.
                5th gear on the H tranny is like 4th gear on the F. Weird as hell

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

it all depends on which H tranny you get. @ 80mph im @ 3800rpms in 5th. JDM m2b4
                  either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I had the USDM H tranny. 70MPH was about 3700RPM. Now I get that in 4th! 5th gear on the F tranny with Prelude FD is about 3k at 70...
                    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

i used the f22 tranny for a while, it sucked major sacks. Updating the tranny is a must.
                      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        5th gear on the H tranny is like 4th gear on the F. Weird as hell
                        Its scary how close they are.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

I've had the F tranny on my h22a4 since the swap. The falling out of vtec wasnt that bad for me cause when it hit vtec again it was like a boost. Then i changed to another F tranny but out of a 96 Ex and it stays in vtec. And still cruise at 3300/3500 on the Hwy.
                          Last edited by benjerman112; 06-16-2009, 05:59 PM.
                          Freedom Is Not Free
                          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

My F tranny was great since i only raced highways. Off the line i got butt fucked a lot but overall i loved it since i could really rip it up from 60-65ish
                            OHIO CB7'S #11
                            SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
                              My F tranny was great since i only raced highways. Off the line i got butt fucked a lot but overall i loved it since i could really rip it up from 60-65ish
                              yep .
                              the f tranny will do that to you off the line .
                              i don't have an h22 , but i def plan on keeping the f22 tranny .
                              i'm a highway driver .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                              - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Working...
                              X