removing the axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the axles

ok guys i know theres probably a thread on here but i dont have the time to look for it my hands are oiled up im currently removing the f22a1 now i just need the axles out of the way if you could please tell me how to remove them i would be extremely happy its the last thing i need to do!!!!

please help!!
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Being able to remove an engine and not being able to remove axles is rather strange to me but, loosen the lower balljoint on both sides of the suspension and then you can pull the spindle away from the engine, at that same time pry the axles from out of the differential case on the trans. Once they are out you should be good
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

The biggest problem for me when I was removing my trans was the axle nut. I used a big 3/4in ratchet (not a 1/2in) to remove the nut. I broke like 4 1/2in. ratchets on that nut! Lucky they were Craftsman Ratchets. Liftime Warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
        Being able to remove an engine and not being able to remove axles is rather strange to me but, loosen the lower balljoint on both sides of the suspension and then you can pull the spindle away from the engine, at that same time pry the axles from out of the differential case on the trans. Once they are out you should be good
        I just got the axles out and now i have to get them out of the transmission i think they have a lock or somethin on them to keep them in the transmission i dont know how to get it out so now if you could please help with this lol

and im not doing it myself my friends helping me
        93 Honda Accord Lx
        Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

Comment

holy shit..... I dont believe your doing a swap and dont know this shit, or even went to buy a Haynes manual. Make sure you buy one after I answer your question. Use a prybar to get them out. Thats it, pry between the axle and the tranny case. It will come out once its pried.
          FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
          Pm meX
          I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
          H22A Swap
          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

LOL, i was doing the same thing today, you really need more than a breaker bar. get yourself a large steel pipe to pry it. those nuts are a bitch to remove...
            JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
              holy shit..... I dont believe your doing a swap and dont know this shit, or even went to buy a Haynes manual. Make sure you buy one after I answer your question. Use a prybar to get them out. Thats it, pry between the axle and the tranny case. It will come out once its pried.
              I used a big flat head screw driver to pop my axle from the transmission. Worked fine.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

They really aren't hard to get out of the tranny. As everyone has said, get a flat prybar (not a crowbar) and just pry them out. You'll be surprised how easily they come out.

dannyd, I think you're on the wrong end of the axle. There are no nuts holding them into the tranny. It's a little metal ring on the end of the axle, it just takes a little bit of pressure between the tulip and the case to release them.

Comment

The guys above are correct. Also, if you don't need to change the axle themselves, you don't need to remove the 36mm axle/hub nut. Like already mentioned, pop out the lower balljoint from the arm, and swing the suspension out enough so the axle can slide out of the tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                    The guys above are correct. Also, if you don't need to change the axle themselves, you don't need to remove the 36mm axle/hub nut. Like already mentioned, pop out the lower balljoint from the arm, and swing the suspension out enough so the axle can slide out of the tranny.
                    This is how I change my axles every time. Piece of cake and it's the easiest to do Just make sure you put that cotter pin back in after you put the lower ball joint back in or you will be sorry

Originally posted by Juice21
                    thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                    Originally posted by GameChewer
                    Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Working...
                    X