X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about LSD

Sup CB7ers,

Few questions if I may.

I want an LSD equiped tranny for my H22A.

I can get a used JDM H22A tranny with OEM LSD on it for about 600-800 bucks and swap it with my current one

or

would it be cheaper and/or better to buy an aftermarket one like Kaaz or Quiafe for arounf 800-950 and install that on my current tranny?

Which would you do?

Thanks.

Slam.
    I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something at some point, but I can't accept not trying". MJ23

Time and Money BOTH is why I do what I do

depends on what tranny your using now. jdm h22 lsd trans has alot shorter gearing then the f22 trans you porbly using now, therefore making you faster. just an opinion.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Oh,

Currently I have a JDM H22A 5-speed tranny.
      I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something at some point, but I can't accept not trying". MJ23

Time and Money BOTH is why I do what I do

Comment

ok, then get a qauiffe
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Go for the Quiafe. Life time warrenty!
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

can a quaife made for the H22 tranny fit into the F22 tranny (like say for instance if i boost down the road and wanna swap trannies)?
            Bean Town Crew Member #3
            Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
            "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

i dont think so, the casing is bigger/smaller than the other

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
              JDM H22
              Port n Polished Int Mani
              Bored TB, maxed
              MSD 6A
              I/H/E
              no cat
              [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

correction, Quaife lists Accord 90-97, Prelude 92-96, Prelude 97-00 except SH as the same part number.

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/differe.../diff_apps.htm

Comment

Originally posted by brownaznkid
                  correction, Quaife lists Accord 90-97, Prelude 92-96, Prelude 97-00 except SH as the same part number.

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/differe.../diff_apps.htm
                  NICE
                  Bean Town Crew Member #3

Comment

If you have the money, then Quaife is the way to go.

Another option you have is to look for a stock LSD that someone is replacing. Some people take out a perfectly good stock unit to replace it with a better one. I've seen them on ebay for $300 or so. Of course, it WILL be used, and have no warranty, so it's a gamble.

Quaife is my choice. KAAZ is a clutch-type LSD, and needs to be rebuilt occasionally. It is also higher maintenance and offers less drivability for a street car (so I hear. I've never driven ANY car with LSD! )

Supposedly, OBX has LSD units availible. I don't know for sure if the make them for the F/H, but if they do, I'm considering giving them a shot. OBX seems to be trying to break into the mainstream market as a quality parts maker (or re-labeler) so a $350 estimated price for a real helical LSD works for me!

I'm thinking about getting a Euro R tranny. I believe they come with very short gears and stock LSD.

Comment

just and fyi... the JDM LSD tranny cases are differenty shaped so
                      just putting a stock LSD in a non-lsd jdm tranny would not work

i would suggest just picking up a JDM LSD tranny... i love mine...
                      5th gear is a lil low and short but for racing its the best choice...
                      very close ratio, v-tec to v-tec shifts 1-5
                      DOHC VTEC, BITCHES!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInfamous

I might try to do that instead. I almost always fall out of VTEC from 1st-2nd. I'm running an M2J5 tranny. Slightly different gear ratio than the M2A4
                        Bean Town Crew Member #3

Comment

Originally posted by TheInfamous

Really? I didn't know that about the case shape... damn! Good thing I didn't just buy an LSD then!

I still want a Euro R tranny. I believe they have the shortst gears of all (then I'll complain about cruising gas mileage.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

I still want a Euro R tranny. I believe they have the shortst gears of all (then I'll complain about cruising gas mileage.)
                            Good luck. I've been looking for 7 months now and still haven't found one. I almost got one but I was a day late. It sold for $1500.
                            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

I found one
                              HSHO #3

Comment

Working...
                              X