is there a diy on the seatbelt swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a diy on the seatbelt swap

i hate my 90-91 seat belts i want to swap just wanted to know if there was a diy or if some one could walk me trough it
    kiss my grill
    Members Ride

all i can say is look it up on here
    IM IN LOVE WITH A CAR..IS THAT WRONG?

MY MR THREAD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=132771

Comment

In my opinion it would be unsafe. You wont really know how well you reattached the new one until a crash..
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Isn't your car a 92? so you want to swap the auto seat belts in, or what?
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.

Comment

no i have a 90 i dont like the auto seat belts i know its been done befor i just wanted to know if there is a diy or if someone who has done it to give me som advice i also have a 92 that i can look at to compare with
          kiss my grill
          Members Ride

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. For the last 2 nights in a row, EVERYONE who got out of the car unbuckled it EVERY time they got out. Im really sick of almost getting pulled for my passenger not wering the belt. And im tired of explaning to everyone that you gotta open the door 1st to get it off.

Comment

Well I'm sure it's possible, not very safe. But it's your ride.

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                Well I'm sure it's possible, not very safe. But it's your ride.
                yeah, that not something you should just "give a shot"

Comment

Like you have the auto ones and you want manual? SHOULD be a direct swap from one with manuals...but I don't really know.

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                  In my opinion it would be unsafe. You wont really know how well you reattached the new one until a crash..
                  if you torque the bolts you are fine...I've pulled my seat belts off and re-installed numerous times...just torque them down and no issues. (and I've ended up in ditches...slight fender benders...seat belts work but mine came with manual seatbelts too)
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    Like you have the auto ones and you want manual? SHOULD be a direct swap from one with manuals...but I don't really know.

if you torque the bolts you are fine...I've pulled my seat belts off and re-installed numerous times...just torque them down and no issues. (and I've ended up in ditches...slight fender benders...seat belts work but mine came with manual seatbelts too)

NO it's not a direct swap.. where to drill and achor the belts is the issue..

DIY link is in here somewhere..

Comment

yeah i looked for ever lol i saw it once just looking around but now i want to find it and i cant. lol
                      kiss my grill
                      Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Smoken_ducky7 View Post
                        yeah i looked for ever lol i saw it once just looking around but now i want to find it and i cant. lol

you owe me $10..

post #11
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=seatbelt+swap

Comment

thanks bro i wonder if there is any wireing involved with this swap
                          Last edited by Smoken_ducky7; 05-02-2009, 05:08 AM.
                          kiss my grill
                          Members Ride

Comment

I officially do not like this and deem it unsafe!
                            ____

Comment

You guys are crazy, I absolutely loved them because if the front passenger was leaning forward at all and they closed the door while getting in they would get hit in the face with the seatbelt... and let me tell you, watching someones face getting dragged backwards to the headrest by the seatbelt is priceless EVERYTIME

Comment

Working...
                              X