p72?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustedLX

K-Mart, Buy yourself what ever you can afford man... If you are intrested I sell Chipped P28's for $215 shipped payment via paypal. P72's are about an extra $60-$70 bucks depending on if I can locate one (they pretty rare).
    ----> One of Jose's Happy Customers with respect to the chipped P28. He is easy to deal with, answers all questions and provides great technical support. Bump for a good deal on the P28.
    Bean Town Crew Member #3
    Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
    "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Stock for stock the p72 pulls harder in Vtec than the p13. It has much more aggressive fuel and spark maps. I ran a stock p72 on my motor for 2 1/2 months. Idle fine. But NO low end throttle response. If you stepped on the gas in low rpm's the car would just bog You had to be at least at 3500 to get a good response.But I finally got a base h22 map installed so its just like a p13 now.
      FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

May i ask why u don't just use a p13's fuel and ignition timing for the non-vtec portion of the map and then the p72's fuel and ignition for the vtec then??? Easy answer to reliable power if u ask me...best of both worlds even
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thats possible, but honestly i wouldnt tune without being on a dyno with a wideband. i want to make sure my car is running properly. whatever ecu you decide on, have someone socket it and dyno tune. preferably with a romtuning setup like what busted was talking about. having a random chip installed will work, but to get it perfect you should get a chip made specifically for your car... since each car, even in stock form, can vary slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
            after doing extensive research, and taking advice from reputable tuners on this board, a *chipped p28* is the better option, IMO for a h22 swap. some advantages consist of:

*early vtec engagement
            *wont throw cel codes for egr, iabs, ks
            *not as expensive as a p72

i.e. i have a jdmsh!t H22a race programmed p28. vtec engages at 4700rpms, and rev limiter set to 8800rpms.
            race programmed, why do you say that, just because your vtec engages lower and your reldine is higher does not mean its race ecu, as a matter of fact it would do nothing if you couldnt take advantage of the lower engagement points or redline, what cams are you running?
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              race programmed, why do you say that, just because your vtec engages lower and your reldine is higher does not mean its race ecu, as a matter of fact it would do nothing if you couldnt take advantage of the lower engagement points or redline, what cams are you running?
              LISTEN..i say thats what jdmsh!t sells it as, OK? just fyi, i will be running a built H22, w/ skunk2 cams and valvetrain.
              Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 11-18-2004, 06:38 PM.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ummm... relax DAM
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  May i ask why u don't just use a p13's fuel and ignition timing for the non-vtec portion of the map and then the p72's fuel and ignition for the vtec then??? Easy answer to reliable power if u ask me...best of both worlds even
                  Cuz I dont know jack about tunning ecu's. I just had a shop eprom it for me. But that sounds like a good idea. Wonder if it can be done.
                  FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                    Cuz I dont know jack about tunning ecu's. I just had a shop eprom it for me. But that sounds like a good idea. Wonder if it can be done.
                    well yea jose just sent me his h22a map and i already see the difference between the two at 6K rpm where the p72 tune takes over on that dyno. This would be easy as hell actually. I've got a p28 too...but who would try this tune out cause i certainly don't have an h22 to test it on
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                      LISTEN..i say thats what jdmsh!t sells it as, OK? just fyi, i will be running a built H22, w/ skunk2 cams and valvetrain.
                      im sure that jdmshit ecu is good, but you will make more power with a properly dyno tuned car... especially with the extensive work you have done. i dont have anywhere near the work you have, but i wont put anything except a real chip made for my car. if youre spending all this money on your motor, why not spend a little more and have it tuned the right way?

although you might want to take it a step further beyond eprom tuning and get hondata.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                        im sure that jdmshit ecu is good, but you will make more power with a properly dyno tuned car... especially with the extensive work you have done. i dont have anywhere near the work you have, but i wont put anything except a real chip made for my car. if youre spending all this money on your motor, why not spend a little more and have it tuned the right way?

although you might want to take it a step further beyond eprom tuning and get hondata.
                        believe me, i would love to have hondata, especially since there is an authorized dealer/tuner for hondata in NY; maybe i'll try hondata next year
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

A base tune is not a bad idea. It will certainly create more power then the Factory ECU's tune. He can still make great power using a base tune. Base tunes are just usually richer and more tame in terms of timing in order to insure they will work well in several different applications.
                          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

what kinda af ratios does a stock p13 use?

mine is running from high 12's to mid 13's

Comment

Will a stock P28 or stock P72 do any good at all to run on an H22A? I ran a P72 on mine the other weekend and felt a difference on top end. I also have a V-AFC could i use that to make either of the two any better as far as tuning?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                                what kinda af ratios does a stock p13 use?

mine is running from high 12's to mid 13's
                                Depends if it's in closed or open loop. In closed loop the ECU is supposed to run a stoich AFR (14.7:1) in open loop I guess it depends on the ECU.
                                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Working...
                                X