g23 non-vtec: m2a4 transmission swap problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g23 non-vtec: m2a4 transmission swap problem

i've swapped in a m2a4 tranny, it came without the shift fork and slave cylinder. So i used the F22 fork and kept the h22 ball in, and now the slave cylinder is almost fully compressed. sooooooooo

1. should i switch to a h22 fork OR switch to the f22 ball
    2. are the h and f slave cylinder different

when everything is installed the slave should be compressed, then it extends when you push the pedal. I believe all those parts to be the same, ie fork, ball, and slave.
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Slave cylinders are the same, you are good there. I reused mine when I threw in the M2B4. Regarding the fork, I thought they were the same but used the fork that came w/ the M2B4 just to be safe. Didn't someone have a similar problem recently, like 2 weeks ago, it was either the fork or the ball, cannot remember exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        Slave cylinders are the same, you are good there. I reused mine when I threw in the M2B4. Regarding the fork, I thought they were the same but used the fork that came w/ the M2B4 just to be safe. Didn't someone have a similar problem recently, like 2 weeks ago, it was either the fork or the ball, cannot remember exactly.
        i think he was using a H fork with a F tranny.

i just ordered a h fork, guess i'll find out soon. is there a way to swap them without removing the hole tranny

Comment

Then it would be too easy..lol..start pulling that trans..broski..haaha

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
            Then it would be too easy..lol..start pulling that trans..broski..haaha

Noooo

Comment

swapped it and now i'm good. only thing is now my clutch MC has gone bad

Comment

Working...
              X