B18 Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B18 Swap?

Hey guys. I've been trying to search on here for a couple hours now, but to fruitless results.

Why do I never see any B18 swaps into the CB? Is it even possible? What I have chalked it up to is the fact that we can fit the larger displacement motors in our bays. Why would we settle for a smaller motor, right? My friend whole-heartedly disagreed.

He talked about his cammed GSR killing Preludes all day when he had it. He's really reputable so I wouldn't call him a liar.. But when I talk about swapping a beautiful JDM H22 in my baby he holds a look of disgust.

Give me some ammo here! Help me defend our favorite swap or set me straight.
    I <3 My Honda CB9!
    My Hondas
    1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
    1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
    2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
    2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
    1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
    1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

A b18 is a downgrade. No balls at all. and a GSR is going to be lighter than any prelude and accord.

And some preludes have F22aX's in them. i think he is just full of himself from what i know.

H22A>B18x

Comment

Your friends a retard.

His is cammed.

His car is alot lighter.
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Your friend's a retard.
        His car is alot lighter.
        Bingo.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

lmao at this thread
          90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
          01 S2000 Silverstone
          90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
          http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMasque View Post
            Hey guys. I've been trying to search on here for a couple hours now, but to fruitless results.

Why do I never see any B18 swaps into the CB? Is it even possible? What I have chalked it up to is the fact that we can fit the larger displacement motors in our bays. Why would we settle for a smaller motor, right? My friend whole-heartedly disagreed.

He talked about his cammed GSR killing Preludes all day when he had it. He's really reputable so I wouldn't call him a liar.. But when I talk about swapping a beautiful JDM H22 in my baby he holds a look of disgust.

Give me some ammo here! Help me defend our favorite swap or set me straight.
            because a GSR swap into a CB7 would cost at least $5000-6000, and an H22 swap costs around $1500 and makes more horsepower and torque.

i am pretty sure this question has been asked a lot on here

Comment

Plus, The B18 motors don't have enough torque to pull the body of our accords, unlike civics & tegs that are much lighter. But Accord still eats them everyday if they are not heavily modded. lol

Even the Almighty B18C Type R engine are not capable in the accords.
              Last edited by nusdogg; 04-18-2009, 02:43 AM.

Originally posted by toycar
              Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

You can put a Type R engine into an Accord...H22 Euro R

Comment

Tell him to bring his cammed gsr and put it up against my stock cam H.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    Tell him to bring his cammed gsr and put it up against my stock cam H.
                    lol i feel ya man redline his ass h22 ftw!!!

the beast : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137926

Comment

i dont know what most of you are smoking but um my EJ6 rapped an 01 h22a lude, i mean rapped it.
                      All it has was basic bolt ons and a GS-R jdm S80 tranny. Oh and it also walked GS-R's and 00 civic si B16's

The thing you most of you are neglecting to take into consideration is the power/weight ratio 1000 hp does you no good if its bolted to 8000lbs

this very simple factor is why my EJ6 @2300 lbs walked all over alot of cars that had more power then me

But yes as stated before the B series swap into a CB chassis would mean custom mounts and custom linkage, all said and done its not logical to spend more the obtain even less
                      post count does not reflect intelligence or experience

Comment

Originally posted by nusdogg View Post
                        Plus, The B18 motors don't have enough torque to pull the body of our accords.
                        Actually they do have enough torque to pull the Accord. Our beloved Accords came with F18A which only has 105 hp & 105 lb-ft of torque. Only reason that B series are not ideal for the Accord is that you have to do custom mounts , axels and all neccesary items. When you calculate everything you'll end up twice or thrice paying for the B swap.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                          Actually they do have enough torque to pull the Accord. Our beloved Accords came with F18A which only has 105 hp & 105 lb-ft of torque. Only reason that B series are not ideal for the Accord is that you have to do custom mounts , axels and all neccesary items. When you calculate everything you'll end up twice or thrice paying for the B swap.
                          At those numbers, wouldn't it still a downgrade.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

for who every wants to do this i say go for it... it will cost alot, and you will regret it is the end, but it will be different.

Comment

This should never be brought up again.
                              this year. okay this month...Alright I give up. This week.

H22+cb=win....
                              f22+turbo+cb=win
                              F18+CB=FAIL.
                              B18+CB=FAIL.

Comment

Working...
                              X