H22 Swap + Gauge Cluster Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Swap + Gauge Cluster Swap?

So... Been reading a lot for a couple hours now and haven't found any definitive answers to my question.

I'm doing an H22 swap this year. First priority is to buy my bike, then the H22 savings begins. I'm getting the long block from Osaka Motors for $1800 + shipping from Canada. I figure OTD I can keep everything under $2500 pretty easily.

Anyway, after the swap I'm worried about my stock tachometer a) not having the correct redline mark and b) not working correctly as I have a few friends who have performed swaps with the same results. I would absolutely loathe putting one of those monster f'n tachs in my car. I prefer a clean, stock look. Modified is so outdated =P

So now I wonder... Could I swap in a BB6 cluster along with the H22? The redlines are the same, but would the tachometer be accurate? If not, what options might I have other than a big honkin' thing staring me in the face?

Thanks y'all!
    I <3 My Honda CB9!
    My Hondas
    1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
    1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
    2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
    2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
    1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
    1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Yeah, that should work fine. The BB6 cluster reads as accurately as a factory tach just like the stock CB cluster does. I am using a BB6 cluster with my H swap and they seem to work fine.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Dude, are you sure about the price. a long block is only 900.00 from osaka without shipping?
      Last edited by 4U2H8ME; 04-07-2009, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
        Dude, are you sure about the price. a long block is only 900.00 from osaka without shipping?
        Actually it's $1800. It's a JDM H22A from a 92-95 Lude. The only other H22 is from a 97+ Type S for $3800. Where did you see numbers for $900?? Please share if I can save 50% lol!
        I <3 My Honda CB9!
        My Hondas

Comment

DO NOT ORDER AN ENGINE FROM A CANADIAN IMPORTER....

www.hmotorsonline.com spend a little more money for the security reason

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
            Yeah, that should work fine. The BB6 cluster reads as accurately as a factory tach just like the stock CB cluster does. I am using a BB6 cluster with my H swap and they seem to work fine.
            Very cool. I figured the ECU for the H22 and the BB6 cluster are matched and programmed for each other as the F22 and CB7/9 cluster are.

Now I'm happy I love the BB6 cluster anyway... Speaking of which, , I'm doing my amber cluster conversion within the next two weeks. Just because I know it'll be a little while until I save up another 2g's for the motor swap.
            I <3 My Honda CB9!
            My Hondas

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMasque View Post
              Actually it's $1800. It's a JDM H22A from a 92-95 Lude. The only other H22 is from a 97+ Type S for $3800. Where did you see numbers for $900?? Please share if I can save 50% lol!
              I think he means that the long block is $900. That just for the engine. For $1800 is the engine and the tranny... I bought my JDM H22 with the LSD tranny and it was $1800
              Accord Of The Month January 09
              Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
              BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
                DO NOT ORDER AN ENGINE FROM A CANADIAN IMPORTER....

www.hmotorsonline.com spend a little more money for the security reason
                Why not? Two of my friends ordered their motors from Osaka and they were pleased as pie.
                I <3 My Honda CB9!
                My Hondas

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
                  I think he means that the long block is $900. That just for the engine. For $1800 is the engine and the tranny... I bought my JDM H22 with the LSD tranny and it was $1800
                  Got it!

I thought about the LSD... I'm 50/50 on it. Never had a car with LSD before. How do you like yours?
                  I <3 My Honda CB9!
                  My Hondas

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMasque View Post
                    Got it!

I thought about the LSD... I'm 50/50 on it. Never had a car with LSD before. How do you like yours?
                    I'm still building the H22 for boost. But I'm almost done... About 3 more weeks I'm going to put it in the car without the turbo because the F22 is knocking and the money tree is going low
                    Accord Of The Month January 09
                    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
                      I'm still building the H22 for boost. But I'm almost done... About 3 more weeks I'm going to put it in the car without the turbo because the F22 is knocking and the money tree is going low
                      Ahh, very nice... I'm going n/a for mine. Something about n/a Hondas that just make me all tingly inside =D But the turbo is certainly well respected sir!
                      I <3 My Honda CB9!
                      My Hondas

Comment

keep us updated on ur swap man. im planning on putting an h22 w/ lsd tranny in my wagon. still deciding if i should leave it automatic or do a 5 speed swap. i still have alot of work to do on the exterior and then audio but once im finishd ill start saving for my swap.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Do the lsd, It's well worth it. I got my complete swap from osaka, and have not regretted it. 1 piece of advice if you get the lsd trans, take it easy in the rain, or you'll just be spinning tire for blocks.

Comment

Working...
                          X