H22 hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 hesitation

okay, let's just say "my" h22 isn't running well.

Here's my problem.

I've got a freshly swapped h22. The car will start, but after a certain amount of time running, it starts to hesitate.

Where should I start to look for problems, or replacing parts? I don't know where the problem is, fuel, ignition system, ect.

Originally posted by npor View Post
    okay, let's just say "my" h22 isn't running well.

Here's my problem.

I've got a freshly swapped h22. The car will start, but after a certain amount of time running, it starts to hesitate.

Where should I start to look for problems, or replacing parts? I don't know where the problem is, fuel, ignition system, ect.
    Lets see the car wont start and it starts to hesistate. Change your plugs to nglk platinums they already come pregapped so all you gotta do is drop them in. Your plug wires you should get are the ngk blues they last a long time.

Check your cap on the distributor to make sure the shit isnt orange if it is your distributor is on its way out careful. And last but not least you said it runs for awhile check your vacuum lines to make sure they arent leaking get some soapy water and spray on the lines or you can use some throttlebody cleaner.

The car should idle down when you spray on it letting you know you got a leak. And if that doesnt work it could be your fuel pump whens the last time youve changed that. I had that happen to me on my last turbo cb.

Comment

Thanks man, will do.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post

Check your cap on the distributor to make sure the shit isnt orange if it is your distributor is on its way out careful. And last but not least you said it runs for awhile check your vacuum lines to make sure they arent leaking get some soapy water and spray on the lines or you can use some throttlebody cleaner.
        What is the orange shit from?
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          What is the orange shit from?
          Rusty colored dust from the about to die bearing.

Comment

check your map sensor. when i did my swap i had the same problem, i had to take apart the triangle looking thing on the firewall on the passager side the map sensor is there.

Comment

Working...
            X