F20b dohc vtec roll call HOLLA!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOHC F20B Vtec....

I lost count but I think i am 5th on the list of an F20B engine owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord Euro R View Post
      yea 5th ir 6th the list of who had them installed first is

starkrice
      fatboy1185
      me almostjdm
      someone
      someone

lol but if it was in there possesion it whould be

starkrice
      me(almostjdm)
      fatboy1185

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

welcome to the thread. I just got my installed last month so what number does that make me.
        My Ride Thread
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129235
        MY RACE FOOTAGE
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139424
        The Good ol days

Comment

Originally posted by tonystyle27 View Post
          welcome to the thread. I just got my installed last month so what number does that make me.
          dead last, i think either 6 or 7

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
            yea 5th ir 6th the list of who had them installed first is

starkrice
            fatboy1185
            me almostjdm
            someone
            someone

lol but if it was in there possesion it whould be

starkrice
            me(almostjdm)
            fatboy1185

I had possession of my motor since '07. It was mainly in storage till it was installed. But on the list of who got the motor installed first. I'm okay with 5th. Its my lucky number any ways. Lolz

Comment

I had possession of my motor since '07. It was mainly in storage till it was installed. But on the list of who got the motor installed first. I'm okay with 5th. Its my lucky number any ways. Lolz
              haha yea eli and i both had ours before that, i got mine about 6 months before i installed it feb 07 eli was dec 06 when he installed his i think, i dunno who else has one accord_euro R i think you may be 4th lol on both lists haha

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

now we need to get a f20b owner in the accord of the month. hey almostjdm where did you find that front lip of yours. im thinking about yanking the kit off. i forgot how bad our roads are here. as of right now my front bumper is being held up only by two bolts
                My Ride Thread
                MY RACE FOOTAGE
                The Good ol days

Comment

now we need to get a f20b owner in the accord of the month. hey almostjdm where did you find that front lip of yours. im thinking about yanking the kit off. i forgot how bad our roads are here. as of right now my front bumper is being held up only by two bolts
                  i got it off ebay 3 years ago, but its cracked now so i may get a CF one form jdmcarboy.com

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread

Comment

oh ok i might have to check that out. well today i drove my car to my friends house in the rain. I turn the car off and looked at his crx for sale so when i went back to my accord i tried to crank my car. the engine was rotating but did not fire up. ironic a mechanic was walking down the street and he heard me trying to crank my car. he pulled a spark plug wire off and barley touched the distibutor cap and he told me to crank it. to my surprise if fired up. so i got to my house and turn the car off. Now the car is not cranking. could this be my dizzy or rotor button are something else. thanks for any help.
                    My Ride Thread
                    MY RACE FOOTAGE
                    The Good ol days

Comment

oh ok i might have to check that out. well today i drove my car to my friends house in the rain. I turn the car off and looked at his crx for sale so when i went back to my accord i tried to crank my car. the engine was rotating but did not fire up. ironic a mechanic was walking down the street and he heard me trying to crank my car. he pulled a spark plug wire off and barley touched the distibutor cap and he told me to crank it. to my surprise if fired up. so i got to my house and turn the car off. Now the car is not cranking. could this be my dizzy or rotor button are something else. thanks for any help.
                      do a few tests, check for fuel and spark, if your not getting spark at the plugs, check your coil, if its not there its your ecu, or the wires form the ecu to the coil arnt connected fully

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                        do a few tests, check for fuel and spark, if your not getting spark at the plugs, check your coil, if its not there its your ecu, or the wires form the ecu to the coil arnt connected fully
                        so how do i check if the car is getting fuel/spark. also where are the wires that is connected to the ecu. I only started to have this problem this week. I had my friends help me put my f22a1 transmission in. So kinda double check the work.
                        My Ride Thread
                        MY RACE FOOTAGE
                        The Good ol days

Comment

I'm a F20B SOHC VTEC Owner :-D came.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
                            I'm a F20B SOHC VTEC Owner :-D came.
                            well i learn something new didnt know they had a sohc vtec f20b. quick question what dizzy can i used on my f20b. can i use a h23 and did honda produce the h22a1 in the 1993 prelude's. Im asking cause im trying to buy a dizzy from autozone and they are trying to sell me a obd2 dizzy. I need a obd1 dizzy.
                            My Ride Thread
                            MY RACE FOOTAGE
                            The Good ol days

Comment

Whats the level of difficulty for this F20b DOHC swap... and why f20b over h22?

Comment

Originally posted by rvaldez0781 View Post
                                Whats the level of difficulty for this F20b DOHC swap... and why f20b over h22?
                                personal prefrence it revs higher and has a forged bottom end minus the pistons and iron sleeves stock it can easily rev to 9k safely

also its exactly like swapping in an h22 except you will either have to buy h22 innjectors or put the obd2 clips on the obd1 harness and you only have 1 wire for vtec which is awsome all i had to do on mine was add the 1 vtec wire since i have a euro R intake mani which doesnt have iabs
                                Last edited by almostJDM; 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X