90 auto to manual swap hydraulics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 auto to manual swap hydraulics??

I pulled these lines off a 93 and it seems pretty different than my 90s would be routed along the passenger side, just looking for suggestions on making it fit or if anyone has just done braided lines..

THREE tone ya dig

theres a couple of guys on here using braided lines to replace sections but no one seems to be sharing where they got those lines at.

i'm just missing a few of them myself for my auto to 5spd swap which is also a '90.

since they are just brake lines basically i've even gone to places like Midas or CarX and they don't have the right fittings also, they line they bent me is too long.

Comment

thanks i guess ill keep looking

THREE tone ya dig

Comment

those are what your needing. But if you dont mind paying 10 bux you can go to the dealer and get brand new ones.
        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB3Si View Post
          those are what your needing. But if you dont mind paying 10 bux you can go to the dealer and get brand new ones.
          pre-bent? cause thats what i did with the rear disc swap. the ones in the pic are from a 93 and the bracket to the left of the line is different. the line goes into a little round block, then out. also the bracket wont bolt up.

THREE tone ya dig

Comment

I just finished doing an auto to 5 speed swap in a 93 SE using parts from a 91. The hard line from the clutch master cylinder to the damper (the round thing) are all the same regardless of year. The bracket that holds the damper have different part numbers between 90/91 and 92/93 so I think they are different (but in which way I don't know). But one of the bracket holes lined up with an existing bolt and also drilled and tapped one more hole (there was a marking on the frame, just wasn't drilled).

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
              I just finished doing an auto to 5 speed swap in a 93 SE using parts from a 91. The hard line from the clutch master cylinder to the damper (the round thing) are all the same regardless of year. The bracket that holds the damper have different part numbers between 90/91 and 92/93 so I think they are different (but in which way I don't know). But one of the bracket holes lined up with an existing bolt and also drilled and tapped one more hole (there was a marking on the frame, just wasn't drilled).
              thats what i was thinkin of doing or using braided lines

THREE tone ya dig

Comment

I just had fun with this portion of the swap...
                On TAS Auto they sold me the steel braided clutch line for the damper to tranny, well it was too small.
                I found that the 94-97 damper unit is interchangable.
                It uses the same larger diameter Master Line in, but the damper-clutch line out is smaller. You also have to use the damper-tranny hard line off of the 94-97
                Always fun stuff
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I eliminated the clutch damper and replaced the entire line from master to slave with a SS braided line. I got mine made by All Hose...any hose/fitting company should be able to make it. Cost me $60 with quality fittings and about 5 1/2ft of rubber sheathed SS braided line.

Plus by removing the clutch damper you have a better pedal feel and the clutch is more responsive when engaging and disengaging.

-Kyle
                  Last edited by F22Turbo702; 03-05-2009, 03:23 AM.
                  SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                  -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
                    I eliminated the clutch damper and replaced the entire line from master to slave with a SS braided line. I got mine made by All Hose...any hose/fitting company should be able to make it. Cost me $60 with quality fittings and about 5 1/2ft of rubber sheathed SS braided line.

Plus by removing the clutch damper you have a better pedal feel and the clutch is more responsive when engaging and disengaging.

-Kyle
                    So the damper makes the clutch move slightly slower than your pedal?
                    Your man for wiring solutions!
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                    X