No announcement yet.

G22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are u gonna yank the pistons etc... im interested get us posted in detail!!

Moar pics too, man i wish it was warm here....
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

G22

yes sir! im going to replace these pistons and rods for low compression pistons and forged rods dont worry im going to keep posting and put up more pictures soon!

Comment

soooo pretty soon im going to disassemble the block and clean it very thoroughly. anyone know where i can get really good low compression pistons and rods because i plan on boosting my car maybe around 20 psi

Comment

G22

anyone?

Comment

How low are you looking to go? You realize that the stock cast pistons are 8.8:1. Your not going to want any lower than that. not too mention that H22 cumbustion chambers are 4cc larger than the F22, so that will lower it a wee bit more as well.

Stock cc Forged F22 pistons, F22 Rods, stock head gasket and the H22 head will net you approx. 8.4:1 CR. You may want to get an F22 piston with a -10cc dish. That will give you roughly 9:1 CR

http://www.raceeng.com has forged pistons and rod combos for the F22. Get in contact with them. Let them know exactly what your building and your budget. I'm sure they'll find something to make you smile.

Originally posted by OrAnGeChKn View Post
            Okay ima keep posting on my progress , so far i got the head but it needs cams, valve springs, and a valve cover, but the head came back from the machine shop so i got a good deal on it

hmmm what cams should i go with guys?
            That is a very simple question to answer. If you plan on going low compression and boost. I would think a set of Bisi's Level 1.2, H22 billet, VTEC Turbo street/strip cams would work, or any Turbo cams for that matter. Depends on what your final goals are.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-03-2009, 10:11 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

yay ty so much ill get on that

Comment

im lookin to at least hit 300 hp... will it be okay if i clean out the engine and boost it on stock internals and with a tune?

Comment

Working...
                X