engine knocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine knocking

hey wats good cb world... i just got a f22b1 sohc vtec, i dont remember the miles but the car had syn oil and i called the dealer and asked him if its ok to change it to reg oil he said sure.....so i switched it and now its giving a knocking noise now ...wat can i do to get all the syn oil out , can i clean the oil pump out and strainer out? because the head has sludge
    You Can Catch me Ridin In My CB Eyes On The Rearview Lookin For The Police

anybody can help me?

Comment

Synthetic oil is not your problem. If you're that concerned, drain it and refill it, but having some synthetic in with the regular is not going to make it knock.

Comment

but it happened after i switched it... it was never knocking before untill i switched it to regular oil

Comment

When you drained the old oil, was it very thick and clumpy, almost creamy, like thin fine oatmeal?

Comment

if it had sludge and u put a thinner oil than what it was use to most likely means your about to throw a bearing and thats the knocking noise you here.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

so i can just change the crankshaft bearings and it will be fine?

Comment

If you can tell the noise is in the block and you do the main bearings, make sure you do the rod bearings too. How many miles are on the engine?

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                PM me and get it done right!

Comment

i hear it from the top and im not sure how much miles on the motor

Comment

most likely just needs a valve adjustment then.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

You bought the motor used, no idea how many miles are on it or what it's provenance is and didn't rebuild it? Did you get any kind of warranty? It sounds like you might have bought a bad motor. There are many tricks to quiet a knocking motor long enough to sell it to some poor sucker.

Comment

See if you can tell over which cylinder the noise is coming from so you know where to look. Take the valve cover off, and inspect the valvetrain for problems when the valve adjustment gets done. I have a high mileage F22B1 head that could be used for parts if something is broken, but a valve adjustment sounds promising. A feeler gauge costs about five bucks if you don't have one, and you don't have to do anything but take the valve cover off and turn the motor to the right spot for each cylinder to check the gaps.

Better to have noise in the head than the block, I say. As long as someone didn't mess up the timing and bend valves.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                        After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                        Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                        PM me and get it done right!

Comment

the only thing was changed was the timing belt and seals and the dummy advance the timing 7 degrees
                          Last edited by hondaguy305; 02-15-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Honestly after a hearing a motor do that kind of noise. Id just say fuck that and get a newer one. Becuas elater on down the line boom. Yeah and design was correct put a thinner oil in there and it willbe on its way out. Exactly how many miles on the motor ???

Comment

not even 80,000 but ima just fix it to stop the noise and sell it

Comment

Working...
                              X