Vtec Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vtec Question???

i just got a 90 ex with a h22. its throwin a code for VSS so vtec wasnt workin. i wired vtec to a switch. it had a rattle cam on the back wit 2 1/2 pipe from cat back. no my problem is when i hit the switch vtce worked but it wasnt loud, it was very low. today i installed a stock muffler on the car an when i hit the switch car pulled but i dint hear any thing.

whats the problem???

an i already know the car is in limp mode, so could that cause the problem??
    USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
    WhiTE B0Y!!!

If the car is in limp mode, theres no point in trying to get VTEC working until you fix the problem causing limp mode.

When you say you wired VTEC to a switch, do you mean an ON/Off switch - So you could in theory have Vtec engaged at idle?

Have you fixed the Vss problem? Fix that first then start diagnosing

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Takes me back to ur coupe days...remember that race on 192 vs that hatch..ahaha..and I was holding the switch?..yeah..bro..stop activating vtec via a switch..the reason why it doesn't sound loud or pull is because the computer is still using the low cam fuel/ignition tables..thus..not getting proper fuel or timing to run vtec properly..

STOP before u do harm to ur recently aquired car..get a vss and go from there..
      Hit me up if u need anything..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by imismyh0nda View Post
        i just got a 90 ex with a h22. its throwin a code for VSS so vtec wasnt workin. i wired vtec to a switch. it had a rattle cam on the back wit 2 1/2 pipe from cat back. no my problem is when i hit the switch vtce worked but it wasnt loud, it was very low. today i installed a stock muffler on the car an when i hit the switch car pulled but i dint hear any thing.

whats the problem???

an i already know the car is in limp mode, so could that cause the problem??
        LULZ read my sig!

btw a VSS is like 200 for the whole unit not just the sensor on top. its location is right under the thermostat. its a really tight fit even for my 125lbs self! h22 is limp is just like a base dodge neon

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
          LULZ read my sig!

btw a VSS is like 200 for the whole unit not just the sensor on top. its location is right under the thermostat. its a really tight fit even for my 125lbs self! h22 is limp is just like a base dodge neon
          YEA I ONLY DID IT TO MAKE SURE IT WORKED

IM GONNA GO TO THE JY AN SEE WHAT I FIND CAUSE I NEED 1 FOR MY DA ALSO
          USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
          WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
            Takes me back to ur coupe days...remember that race on 192 vs that hatch..ahaha..and I was holding the switch?..yeah..bro..stop activating vtec via a switch..the reason why it doesn't sound loud or pull is because the computer is still using the low cam fuel/ignition tables..thus..not getting proper fuel or timing to run vtec properly..

STOP before u do harm to ur recently aquired car..get a vss and go from there..
            Hit me up if u need anything..
            YEA!!!
            my other 1 didnt have no check light so vtec was workin. U GOT PM
            USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
            WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

ALRIGHT I HAVE A VSS I THINK? imma try to see if it fixes my problem
              USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
              WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

Junkyard VSS assembly cheap as hell. I dont think VTEC is supposed to sound "loud" unless you have some sort of aftermarket cam of some sort or something really wrong.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

dang dude u got urself another cb. how many cars u gonna have?? i agree do the necesary first then worry about the performance.

MY MR CB7 THREADhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=127610

MY MR PRELUDE THREAD http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...22#post2149222

trade apexi ws2 catback for some wheels pm me

Comment

Originally posted by kingcb7 View Post
                    dang dude u got urself another cb. how many cars u gonna have?? i agree do the necesary first then worry about the performance.
                    i fixed the vss i got it for free cause it was junk l0l

now i still have a check engine light i reset the ecu an all that but its till on.
                    USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
                    WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

check what codes its throwing

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by wikkedv16 View Post
                        check What Codes Its Throwing
                        12 EGR & 23 KNOCK SENSOR imma get a ks but is there any way to bypass either code??
                        Last edited by imismyh0nda; 02-12-2009, 04:22 PM.
                        USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
                        WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

i have an egr mike if you need one. some plugs are diff than harness on swaps. i have 2 with diff plugs on them, im sure one might work for you to get rid of that code.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                            i have an egr mike if you need one. some plugs are diff than harness on swaps. i have 2 with diff plugs on them, im sure one might work for you to get rid of that code.
                            alright cool thats wassup the egr is there but i dont see the plug or witres
                            USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
                            WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

hopefully the plug for it is still on the harness at least.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Working...
                              X