major problems with my tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

major problems with my tranny

ok all of a sudden my tranny started trippin.it was fine and then i was backin out of a store and i put it in reverse. then i heard the most awful sound you could hear comin from ur car. it sound nasty. anyway i couldnt move anywhere in reverse so i tried it in drive and it worked fine. so i had to drive through some grass to get out. my mechanic said it most likely took a huge shit. please dont tell me this is true.and if so is there anything i can do to fix this for cheap.please help or share some of your experiences. man this sux. if it did crap im jus swappin to a stick shift.

Backyard Customs
    Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
    why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
    Building Fund: $0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

how many miles did you put into the tranny? and did you get it at hmotors?

Comment

From you vague post i'd have to guess reverse died.
      wat?

Comment

my tranny has about 180K and its the stock tranny

Backyard Customs
        why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?

Comment

auto or 5speed
          You Can Catch me Ridin In My CB Eyes On The Rearview Lookin For The Police

Comment

Originally posted by hondaguy305 View Post
            auto or 5speed
            well he said hes swapping to a stick-shift so hes gotta be auto. It happens the cars dated what can you do but replace.

Comment

eh i'd say replace to 5spd. once the auto tranny gives problems its a downhill slope

no
              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
              $30 HID kits here Thread
              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                eh i'd say replace to 5spd. once the auto tranny gives problems its a downhill slope
                i want to swap to 5 speed but i gotta parts car auto with a bad fuel pump for 300 everything else is good.

Backyard Customs

Comment

Originally posted by byc_cb7 View Post
                  i want to swap to 5 speed but i gotta parts car auto with a bad fuel pump for 300 everything else is good.
                  lol

Comment

Most likely your tranny took a huge JDM crap!

Comment

Working...
                    X