h22/h23 best combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22/h23 best combo

I have the h22a4 in my car right now. if you read my thread in technical called "ran my engine to lean." Then you know what i've done to this one. To catch anyone else up basically I rebuilt it..but messed it up while rebuilding it. I found a h23 with bad rings for $200 that i'm going to pick up today. I'm reading up on prelude power, and here and also honda-tech about different stats about the motor, but am not really finding what I want yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What I remember reading a long time ago was that if you want to boost your h22 then get a f22 or h23 block. and the h23 block from what i understand is the cats meow when it comes to strength. What combination should I run here. I'm affraid my head is shot for now, but i'm going to bring it to a machine shop and have them re seat my valves. That should fix it.

What i want to do is use the h23 block with h22 pistons and crank. and fixed h22 head. Whats the good bad and ugly?
    WTB:
    88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
    OR
    90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Originally posted by immeraufdemhund View Post
    I have the h22a4 in my car right now. if you read my thread in technical called "ran my engine to lean." Then you know what i've done to this one. To catch anyone else up basically I rebuilt it..but messed it up while rebuilding it. I found a h23 with bad rings for $200 that i'm going to pick up today. I'm reading up on prelude power, and here and also honda-tech about different stats about the motor, but am not really finding what I want yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What I remember reading a long time ago was that if you want to boost your h22 then get a f22 or h23 block. and the h23 block from what i understand is the cats meow when it comes to strength. What combination should I run here. I'm affraid my head is shot for now, but i'm going to bring it to a machine shop and have them re seat my valves. That should fix it.

What i want to do is use the h23 block with h22 pistons and crank. and fixed h22 head. Whats the good bad and ugly?
    Get the latest issue of Import Tuner... The frankenstein "G" series seems to be a K-series killer. F23 bottom H22 top, Drop-in K-series pistons = K-killer power.

Putting a F-series bottom end is good for boost since it lowers the compression to a crazy and friendly numbers because of the F-s natural iron sleeved walls (still not as hard as aftermarket) but gives you more insurance than going full H22a.....but of course really good tuning plays a fair role in this setup too.

According to the story, this can be done for +/- 5-6k rather than 10k+ for a K-series swap with lesser power all with factory Honda parts and VERY minor machine work.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Options for you

Yes you can do the frankenstein G23 motor. The new february 2009 IMPORT TUNER mag has that as a very nice informative article. If you build and put together a good combo.. yes you could very well see approx 225hp and up to 255hp but in caveat a H23A1 is a closed deck block and is great for solid boosted or all motor build. I know because I have one. I have it bored and sleeved and it is boosted. I am only running 9lbs on a GT35R which is nothing.. and I am already near 220hp. I am still breaking in my motor..

I think you should really look into what your finances can afford and get yourself a set plan and stick to it.

if you really want to make a bad ass head.. I might suggest this...

Port and Polish.. 3 or 5 angle... best thing is to be port matched..
      Bronze Valva Guides
      New Valve stem seals
      +1 on the valve size and properly have the head cut for it.
      Dual Valve Springs and Retainers
      Stage 2 or 3 cams from whoever.. (Brian Crower is what I have and I am pleased)

Make sure if you are putting the valvetrain together, when you go to do your tolerances/ Valve adjustments make sure to take a mid tolerance range like .009 to .011 would be a .10...

Good Luck and do the research...

Comment

Working...
      X