K series Mounts in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

learning curve

I think that is awesome that is she learning.. I think everyone should know how to drive one because if ever put into a situation where you are the only one able to drive in the car, then it is your responsibility to take control.

I wish her much luck and tell her have fun... dont teach how to speed shift... not yet at least..

Comment

Originally posted by acc0rd_adicti0n View Post
      plus k-series are 6spd
      Untrue.......The non type S RSX had 5 speeds

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
      i cant drive stick
      i drove a crx si around and stalled it like 16 times, i was driving ti on the highway once and missed 4th gear?
      i just dont like it

i think it would be cool to have a 170hp and a 5 spd auto

thats why it sucks for me, id really like to have a rsx type s, or any si....but i could never drive one
      i dont think id have the coordination down to drive one
      Its all in your head.....Driving standard is quite easy once you get the hang of it.....I learned on my cb and I stalled it probably atleast 30 times before getting the hang of it....by getting the hang of it I mean driving it respectably....but not well at all lol.....I doubt there are many people on here who could get in a standard and just go as if they were driving for years.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
        yea its quite embarsing
        im a huge car kid, went to uti, love f1, love racing...but i cant drive stick for the life of me
        My dad, stepmother, and I went to the grocery store one night.
        Me and my dad drove seperate, because we were meeting my stepmom there.

After about 10 mins of shopping, they told me to go get something.
        So, after I got it, I couldn't find them.
        I called my dad and he told me "the keys are in the car, if you want to get home, that's you're only way."

Let's just say it took me about 45 mins to drive 5 miles that night.
        Hardest part was getting out of the parking lot.
        But, I learned...

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

LMAO, man i would of shot him

my cuz tought me how to some what drive stick, he put me in this light blue crx dx, d15, 5spd and told me to make it go. i stalled the shit 16 times before i figure how to make it go around. months latter he got a crx si d16, and then later a d15b. i learned how to drive that around ok, but still was stalling and missing gears.

i wish i had a stick to learn on, maybe some day ill buy another accord thats a stick

but if i ever did a k series swap, 5spd auto..i want my car more luxo than speed

Comment

Those mounts look good and the price is excellent IMO
            But there is more than just the mounts and the engine. I would like to see this swap done with a list of all costs. I am guessing this swap would cost around 7-8 Gs... possibly 10 Gs if you also get some quality bolt-ons (correct me if I am wrong)
            The CB7 is a fun car to work on... $1500 into an H22 swap is cool... but when we are talking spending 10Gs on just the engine...there are MANY different options and a K-swapped CB is just not a good bang for the buck.

And about learning to drive a manual....
            People who don't know anything besides where the key goes and how to put it in drive usually have a very hard time learning how to drive a manual. But if you understand how it all works then I don't see why it would be a problem.
            When I was 19, I just went to a dealer, bought a manual car, and drove it home without any problems.

Comment

it really depends, im goin to talk to a guy at a local shop sometime and see how much he would want to make the wiring harness for me and do the passenger side mount other than that i can pretty much handle it, they were the ones that done the first k swap ek in my area if not in all of nc and im buddys with the guy that owns the ek
              Super Sonic Blue Pearl CB7 Coupe

My old frost white CB7

Comment

Working...
              X