H22a head on f22a6 easy swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a head on f22a6 easy swap?

I can get a h22a head for cheap ( 150) so i am thinking of putting it on my stock f22a6.
    For the people who did this : was there any gain
    How did u do it? and what do i need?

Great achievements result from great effort

Re: H22a head on f22a6 easy swap?

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
    I can get a h22a head for cheap ( 150) so i am thinking of putting it on my stock f22a6.
    For the people who did this : was there any gain
    How did u do it? and what do i need?
    ill get back 2 on that later

Comment

If you can get an H22 crank+bearings, I think you'll have a DOHC VTEC H21. There's a thread on honda-tech.com about the swap...it looked pretty intense. But it's done, so you have that as a guide. I'd get another F22 block and put it all together.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        If you can get an H22 crank+bearings, I think you'll have a DOHC VTEC H21. There's a thread on honda-tech.com about the swap...it looked pretty intense. But it's done, so you have that as a guide. I'd get another F22 block and put it all together.
        my friend had a h22 head laying around cuz he was goin to do te h23block and h22 head, so one day i had a f22a block that i put a hole in, and we put he head on. we used the f22a head bolts and they all bolted up fine. so u can do it
        u need the following:
        h22 timing belt
        h22 water pump
        h22 crank gear
        use the f22a manual belt tensioner (not the h22 one, auto tensioner)
        i also read that u can use the h22 head gasket. i had a accord vtec head gasket from a 97 and i put it on the f22a block everything matchs up. could use that
        i heard that u have to do mod the water neck that goes to the water pump to the thermostat housing, not really sure on that.
        h22 distrubutor (u should already know that)
        h22 intake manifold (u should already know that)
        add 3 or 4 wires to the ecu. (i think its 3 or 4 cant remember)
        h22 header (of course)

Comment

does the h22a header bolt on our stock downpipe?
          how long does all this take?
          How many hp gain?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Working...
          X