No announcement yet.

is it worthit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but what about reliable power. You cant beat that and in the end built the h22 would run circles around it

Comment

I don't want to go FI or nitrous, and I don't want to only make power over 12,000,000 rpm. What engine would be good for a tourque-y NA setup?
      -Jay

Comment

How far are you willing to go with the N/A setup? How much money & car knowhow do you have?
        If you want a easy swap there's nothing much better then a H22. The H22 also has a big aftermarket out now.

If you have alot of time and money then get a Acura TSX engine, 6 speed manual Transmission, ECU, gadge cluster and wireing harness. This swap is NOT for the faint of heart, it requires a bunch of custom fabrication and wireing.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

Just like everyone else, I'm on a budget. I'm not looking to forge any new ground, I just want the best F/H series engine for NA on a budget.
          -Jay

Comment

the H22 is your best bet then.
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Torquey NA buildup: H22. $2500 or so for the engine if you can drop it in yourself. $4000 or so for 220hp to the wheels (my estimate). Above that, you could run into reliability issues.

F22B DOHC = $800, and a decent turbo kit could be built for $1500. That means $2300 for a boosted F22B DOHC. Add $3000 worth of work, and you can probably pull 300+hp from it, with nice torque. Reliability will probably be better than 220 NA from the H22, as long as you do your homework. You will also have greater torque, and a better low end if you design it right (NA is usually high-revving).

Honestly, I love my H22. However, getting more power than stock (significant power) costs lots of money. F22B DOHC turbo is probably the better performer overall. Only get the H22 if you're happy with 200 crank hp (about 170 to the wheels)

Comment

go with the H23 or the F22B. Vtec is not what it is talked up to be. You spend MORE on an H22 and then have the installation headaches not to mentiont the shitty power loss if youhave an auto. But you spend 350 to 500 for a F22B or H23 and everything plugs right up. Which would you rather do? Also if you decided to go boost then the H22 cannot handle as much as the non vtec H23 or F22B. Just my opinion butdo whatever you want
                "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

I'd have to argue the VTEC... the H22 VTEC really IS a big deal. If a race is close off the line, it's won at VTEC. It's definitely strong, not like SOHC econocrap VTEC used in USDM Accords.

Everything else I agree with though. H23 of F22B DOHC are definitely the better candidates for any kind of boost, if you're on a budget.

Comment

I will have to argue the race off the line BS. I raced 2 seperate civics (my brothers with D15B JDM VTEC and a 98 with a B16 VTEC) at cordova dragway and they beat me off the linebut I smoked em down the track. VTEC is just a little added umph at the end of their rev limit. It is not anything great.
                    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

the boost will work if you keep it at a fair amount and it has to be tuned crucually by a really good tuner. as for the engine swap do the shit yourself experience is the best lerner hget a helms and pretend your engine blew and you have no money and noone is going to help you that should get you motivated. Just make sure you have a nice area to work on it without any hassle

Comment

Working...
                      X