No announcement yet.

is it worthit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as stated before f22 is pertty worthless for N/A build. Not worthless really but for the money an H22 is a better motor if you want fast with just basic bolt ons.
    FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

SOHC VTEC is poop. That's a gas mileage VTEC, not a power VTEC (I know that sounds stupid, and it is a VERY dumbed down description, but it's pretty accurate). Put it this way... I've actually spun my wheels when VTEC hit in 2nd gear... Bald tires on wet pavement, but it has happened!

The F22B DOHC swap is VERY straightforward. No VTEC means no extra wiring, so it's pretty much a straight swap. 92accordDX managed to get his done without my help (like he really needed me...) He got it done very quickly and easily though. Any problems were not directly related to actually putting the engine in.

To break it down price wise:
      JDM H22A complete swap: $2400 shipped.
      Install: $800, or free if you can do it yourself.
      Right there is a reliable 200hp at the crank. Recommended upgrades would be:
      Intake: $30-$200
      2.5" exhaust: $250+ (depending on quality, and where you go. Crush bent isn't best, but it's nice and cheap!)

So, a minimum of $2700 for the H22 at full power. NA improvements will cost you a good deal, and won't get you much over 220whp (which is like 260 crank hp). NA also pushes you into the higher RPM range for the power, which sucks for a daily driven car... It's cool to be able to rev over 9k though, which you can build the engine to do. A 50 shot of nitrous would work well on an H22. A 75 shot would even be fine on a stock one, as long as the engine is well maintained.

F22B DOHC turbo
      $800 for the engine, no tranny
      $250 for a new exhaust, 3" is my recommendation for turbo
      Budget turbo kit, homemade: $1200

Minimum of $2250 for this setup. Chances are you'll spend another $1000 easily as you go along though. If you're anything like me, you'll want to upgrade a bunch of things as you go along. This isn't a bad route, and you can push it up above 250hp much more easily than with the H22, and for a lot less. Reliability isn't as good, but if you don't mind a little extra work, it could be a good project. Nitrous would be awesome on a turbo setup like this

If you don't mind the extra work and maintenance, then the turbo setup would actually be my suggestion. I'm really interested by the idea.

Comment

ur the man deever. i couldnt of put it better myself
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

imo the f22b is a perfect "low budget" swap alot of fun to drive,espeialy in a wagon,no one excpects to get beat by a wagon.but getting this motor,just like the other f22b-ers are left wanting more power,just like the boost heads.
          if you've got patience(which i dont) save for the h22.

Comment

If you want power, and have a second car to drive as a daily beater... get the F22B and boost it.

If you want a daily driver with power and minimal reliability issues, save for the H22. Once you get the 200hp with the H though, it gets expensive to get much more.

Of coruse, nitrous is always an option

Comment

So the only difference between the H22 and F22B is the VTEC? if thats it, I think I may go by way of F22B and later boost it. One more thing what is meant by "a little extra work" is it referring to the turbo or is it referring to the motor itself.
              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

my mind is made up i think imma go f22b seeing how im impatient and on venus its only 300 plus shipping and ill install it so sounds good but thanx for all of ur input guys very very helpful

Comment

venus doesnt give u a dizzy or an ecu.
                  Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

The H22A has 200hp and VTEC. The F22B DOHC has 160hp and no VTEC (it's very similar to an H23).

The engines really aren't all that comparable... aside from both being quality upgrades for the CB7.

Comment

So the F22B is "pretty much" a straight swap? Are there any problems you run into when swapping? Any issues with motor mounts, electrical, vacuum lines, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcoupe
                        So the F22B is "pretty much" a straight swap? Are there any problems you run into when swapping? Any issues with motor mounts, electrical, vacuum lines, etc?
                        FIRING ORDER! i think its backwards 1234 instead of 4321 not too sure ask phatdonut
                        THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

I thought all hondas were "1-3-4-2"?
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                            I thought all hondas were "1-3-4-2"?
                            yea it is but i think the cyls. are backwards
                            THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

Oh I see. As far as I know all H, F, B and D sieries motors are 4-3-2-1.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by cb9h23
                                i love mine (f22b).depends do you want to spend $900 more for 40 more hp and the overhyped vtec.
                                don't get me wrong,i'dh22 all day if it was more resonably price
                                how much would it cost to get 40 hp out of the f22b?? i think the h22 is way worth the wait and money for a daily driver turbo f22b would get up there in power but it would cost more then a h22 and would be alot more hassle

Comment

Working...
                                X