No announcement yet.

which whill work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A p39 should run it. It doesn't check for the knock sensor. But I've heard nothing but bad things about those ecu's and the way they make the f22b run.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

P13 and P28 are stupid choices, since they're made for the vtec prelude and civic si/ex, and will throw constant codes for vtec solenoid and vtec oil pressure. And the P13 has a knock sensor too.
      The only other OBD1 dual cam engine without a knock sensor that I can think of is the Integra RS/LS for the b18b (P75) I think. I have no idea if or how this would run a 2.3, but it could also be a good candidate for chipping, along with the P06.
      Why don't you run one wire, or use a wire you don't need that's already run from the ecu to the engine bay? Or unscrew the knock sensor and wire it to the ECU harness? If you don't do it right, you're going to be doing it wrong, and that's bullshit.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

when you chip ecu's and burn basemap on them, you can disable critical sensors.. So, getting a p28 is not stupid. Unless he got it for a rediculous high price.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yeah that's true, but since he doesn't want to run a wire (why?), I'm betting he wants something to just plug in and go with, not chip. A P06 will work just as well after chipping and could cost half as much. If he wanted to use the ECU for a VTEC motor he could add the vtec components to the ECU later.

Dude should use the P14 that's made for it, just drive with a little less power from retarded timing and a CEL light on all the time until it makes you feel like maybe adding a wire would be a pretty friendly solution to remove the warning light and restore your power for free.

Comment

thanks for the help guys and lucid, i said above the reason i wasnt going to run it right now is because my job takes up all my free time right now, i have no time, and im not going through the hassel of chipping right now, i have the p14 and ill use it,

Comment

Originally posted by wvcb7 View Post
              thanks for the help guys and lucid, i said above the reason i wasnt going to run it right now is because my job takes up all my free time right now, i have no time, and im not going through the hassel of chipping right now, i have the p14 and ill use it,
              That's definitely understandable. Sorry, I should have read that, and I apologize if I made any suggestions seem dumb.

You won't have any problems worth worrying about with the P14, just a CEL and some sluggish timing. Don't know if it's a good idea or not, but you may be able to advance the dizzy a little to make up for the retarded timing. My H23 still pulled hard with the knock code on.

Good Luck!

Comment

it's all good lucid just a misunderstanding, and ill try advancing the timing a bit

Comment

Working...
                X