Idle issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle issues.

Alright. I know I don't have a 4th gen but spare me here. I recently swapped my old F22b1 for an h22a.

Problem I'm having now is that the idle fluctuates from 800 to 1200 rpms. I suspected it was the IACV so I replaced that. But I have started it yet because I wanted to know one thing.

On the IACV there are two lines coming out of it..I just wanted to know where do those to lines connect too? I'd start driving this car real soon but that fluctuating idle pisses me off.

And a picture of what two lines I'm talking about. Taken from SuperHonda.com

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

^Those 2 fittings are for coolant flow, to prevent icing during the winter, it'll work w/o the coolant. Well, is this new IACV installed already? If not, make a simple block plate for it to further diagnose it. And, I realize you can't let it idle for long, maybe the idle issue isn't the biggest issue right now!

EDIT: as far as the coolant lines, source is from the t-stat housing, through the valve and down to 1 of 2 small fittings, sorta below the EGR tract, also next to a larger coolant line from the head, all on the IM flange
    Last edited by Granite CB7; 09-23-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

they connect to the coolant lines. what do u want pictures???

edit: here ya go pictures
      Last edited by smokeeey420; 09-23-2008, 06:48 PM.
      FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
      My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        ^Those 2 fittings are for coolant flow, to prevent icing during the winter, it'll work w/o the coolant. Well, is this new IACV installed already? If not, make a simple block plate for it to further diagnose it. And, I realize you can't let it idle for long, maybe the idle issue isn't the biggest issue right now!

EDIT: as far as the coolant lines, source is from the t-stat housing, through the valve and down to 1 of 2 small fittings, sorta below the EGR tract, also next to a larger coolant line from the head, all on the IM flange
        I did get a used IACV today...I put it in but it went straight to 3 grand..so I'm scratching that idea.

My next thing would probably be the Fast Idle valve. Oh and did you get my recent voicemail?
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Did you adjust the TPS.

If you block the port with your finger and let it run till the fans turn on where does it idle.

(My phone is messed up and has like a 10 hr delay on when I get calls sometimes.)

Comment

Continued.

Alright so I figured out the weird idle. Turns out the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) was a bit small which was why it was sucking so much air in. I tested a spare one from an H23 block and it opens and closes fine.

However when I hooked it up to the car the engine now idles fine. But if you give it gas it would idle erratically. I took a video to back up my claim.

In the video I have the IACV connected directly to the battery to test it's operation, that surge that you hear is the engine surging back and forth when I put power to the IACV. I hooked up the hose from intake manifold to the Intake Air Bypass valve but it bogs really badly and then dies.

The first video shows me disconnecting a red wire that I had used to test the IACV at this point you can hear the car idle fine but when you ground out the IACV it starts to surge pretty badly and as you give it gas you can definitely hear it running pretty rough. At about 51 - 59 seconds (the last few seconds of the video) you can see me disconnecting a hose that leads from the IAB to the Intake manifold and you hear a popping noise which is the diaphragm closing.

Video : Here
            Last edited by HenRoc; 09-30-2008, 10:44 AM.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
            X