what "H" series engine do u favor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    the main draw of the h22 euro-r is the superior transmission and intake manifold, but otherwise its a very similar setup to the type-s.
    So the only ENGINE difference is the intake manifold?... is it a lot better than the type s? What would be the difference between that and a skunk2 intake mani.?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
      only the stroke is different, the bores are teh same. the h22 is 90.7 stroke the h23a vtec is 95. the bores are both 87. h23a VTEC is a the H23 with H22 head from factory everything working, non honda bonding and anything like that.
      I read somewhere that the H23a has a different bore altogether

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by hondaacc91 View Post
        are h23s any good??
        H23 are good, there fun to drive and not so peaky like the H23, but if I was going to do it all over again, I would get either an H22 or F22B DOHC NON VTEC. The F22B is the same(pretty much) as a H23 but the F22B is cheaper.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

bump
          My 1992 honda accord LX 5 spd.

"Behold! What was once thought to have been
          buried beneath the sands of time,
          the ill-fated Haynes Repair Manual has been resurrected
          from the depths of a watery grave." - LX_Accordian

Comment

H23. just cuz i got mine for dirt cheap..and i was gonna build it anyways. Plus it's one off in my mind. Not on the H22 bandwagon with everyone else I AM NOT saying the H22 sucks or whatever. So please don't get your panties in a bunch if you have an H22

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
              So the only ENGINE difference is the intake manifold?... is it a lot better than the type s? What would be the difference between that and a skunk2 intake mani.?
              I dont know to much about the type-s but i thought the intake manifolds were very similar to the euro-r ones if not the same?

Skunk2 intake manifold is used mainly set up that need all of that extra air, if you just bolt one on to a relatively stock motor its shown have smaller gains then the euro-r and even in some cases lose power. If you have the compression and the cams or a turbo then a skunk2 intake manifold might be better.

I run a euro-r and it produced good gains throughout my powerband, plus it sounds sick
              Originally posted by deevergote
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
              Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
              Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
              04 WRX stg 2 sedan
              Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                engine difference is the intake manifold, and compression. the type s has a 11.0 compression.

you wont feel its acceleration if you dont have a matching tranny.

Comment

H23! for easy boostability and also im not on the bandwagon for the H22 fellas. Dont flame lol. I know plenty of people with H22'a and yes they can beat an H23 but i dunno i like the 2.3l's better for some reason
                  R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                  CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                  Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X