I finally went and did it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally went and did it...

I ordered the Type II tranny from GearSpeed. My Quaiffe LSD is out of the car and probably on it's way to Rancho Cucamonga to Gearspeed for installation in the new tranny.

Specs:
    H2U5 (92-up Accord EX tranny)
    4.266 final drive (from a H22a1 Prelude)
    Carbon coated synchros
    All new bearings and seals (OEM)

The only bad part is that they come with no warranty due to the fact that they are built for racing applications. I asked about that and I was informed that they still stand behind their product and if there is a problem and it turns out to be a workmanship issue, it WILL be taken care of. Although issues rarely occur.

If any of you are interested in this product (or the carbon synchros) from GearSpeed, I can give initial thoughts once I get the car back from the mechanic. Then, after a while, I can post further thoughts after daily driving the car for a few weeks with possible power runs and regular freeway and surface street driving.

Let me know if you guys are interested! I should have the car back next Tuesday or Wednesday...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Sounds NICE! =)

good luck man

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Cant wait to hear a review, Ive been pondering doing this, or just buying a M2B4.
      -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
      newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
      newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
      newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

How much did it run you?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Can you go more into detail, I'm sure I'm not the only 1 who doesn't kno gear ratio's that much.

which gear's will still b the same, and which gears will b diff, I'm assumin 3rd is short cuz I wish my 5speed was short
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

It's going to be a stock Accord EX tranny, except the final drive (think rear end gears in a rear wheel drive car).

I hate to admit (to myself) how much I actually spent on this, but it ran me a total of $1612 including tax and shiping, $1400 for the tranny without a rebuildable core (since I have a 1990 Accord EX tranny and they don't rebuild them, only '92-up). If you have a core to send them, it would be about $1000 without LSD (unless you supply your own like I did). The Type II's start at $1800 with a GearSpeed supplied LSD.

You can find all of the tranny gear ratios on this site, so I'm not going to go into that here, but the stock FD on this tranny is 4.062 and the Prelude FD is 4.266. Not much of a difference, but it will help on the low end (launches and such).

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I went to the shop and drove the car today. Only twice through the gears, but it shifted well and accellerated a little better than I remember. Obviously there were no grinds whatsoever. I also ended up getting a new Competition Clutch stage 2 clutch disk and a new pressure plate since my pressure plate was wearing unevenly (the fingers at the throwout bearing, not the plate itself) and my Exedy Stage 1 clutch was broken in several places. The friction material was in great shape, as if it only had a few thousand miles on it, but the spring pack area had several cracks and pieces broken off. I'll post more after I actually pick up the car and drive it more.

Comment

brian owns!

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Pics and more info on quality when you get the chance... I've been thinking about getting a Stage II F tranny built... Let us know!!!

"Little" Kenny
                  Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

dang... hella of a investment.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Yeah, definitely a major cash outlay! But I didn't want to have to worry about my tranny ever again. That was my justification for the expenditure. I weighed the costs and benefits over a used tranny and decided that this was the better way to go. Not cheap, but worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                        Yeah, definitely a major cash outlay! But I didn't want to have to worry about my tranny ever again. That was my justification for the expenditure. I weighed the costs and benefits over a used tranny and decided that this was the better way to go. Not cheap, but worth it!
                        Peace of mind is worth a lot.

Definitely looking forward to reviews. Pictures of the polished housing would be good too.

Comment

where's the rest of this review.

Comment

Should be coming soon. The car is in the shop. I had a lower ball joint nut come off, so I needed a new axle and some body work. I'm hoping to get it back today and continue my review.

But so far, I have had no problems whatsoever with this trans. Shifts beautifully, even at high RPMs (deep in VTEC)...

Comment

why did you choose not to upgrade the final drive??
                              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X