Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the price range for an h22 swap

wondering what people pay to get an h22 swap

Are you wanting just price for the motor or everything installed (labor/parts/fabbing etc)?

Your question is kinda vague
    No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

it depends on where you get your motor from, and what place you go, if go with an auto its cheaper, 5speed is more expensive
      Cause im da Honda Man!! yadadameen

R.I.P. 92 4dr lx

Newborn- 05 v6 coupe

Comment

i am planing on doing a h22a swap going from auto to 5 spd and geting it all of hmotorsonline.com and i plan on doing all the work i know the engine tranny and ecu is 1950+ shiping and i know i need to weld a new bracket for the new tranny dose any one know how much that bracket will cost to buy and where to buy it? and can any one give me a ball park of the shiping on the engine tranny and ecu that has ordered from hmotorsonline.com?

thankz and sorry if this is tread jacking

Comment

at least $2000

Comment

Originally posted by jchsmiley
            at least $2000
            for??

Comment

i mean to have some one put the motor in an accord and the price range

Comment

for the whole swap i charge 550-600 depends on the contions of the job

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
                  Are you wanting just price for the motor or everything installed (labor/parts/fabbing etc)?

Your question is kinda vague
                  VRDrvr, since you're in Colorado like me, do you know any local sources that aren't the usual salvage yard ass-rapings?

I am looking for just a USDM H22 tranny down the road - to go with my turboed F22a - unless there's a JDM H22 tranny that comes with a decent LSD for a similar price.

Comment

I dont think atleast 2000. More like atleast 3500, the motor plus tranny swap parts is like 2500 and all the places iv been to estimated 1000 for labor, the tranny swap is a big job.

Comment

Originally posted by CB9
                      VRDrvr, since you're in Colorado like me, do you know any local sources that aren't the usual salvage yard ass-rapings?

I am looking for just a USDM H22 tranny down the road - to go with my turboed F22a - unless there's a JDM H22 tranny that comes with a decent LSD for a similar price.
                      The gearing of the H22 tranny is really bad for boost. Most boosted H22s are actually running F22 transmissions! The ones I know of are, anyway. The H22 gearing is so short that the turbo doesn't have time to spool up properly before you shift.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        The gearing of the H22 tranny is really bad for boost. Most boosted H22s are actually running F22 transmissions! The ones I know of are, anyway. The H22 gearing is so short that the turbo doesn't have time to spool up properly before you shift.
                        Oh. Hmm. I was thinking about that. Maybe if I used a fairly small, quick spooling turbo?

But in any case, is the H22 tranny any stronger than the F22, especially in regard to the syncros? My first and second gear syncros are both going out; car only has 100K miles on it.

I suppose I could get a decent replacement F22 tranny from someone going full H22 swap pretty cheap.

Comment

Yeah, I sold my entire F22, tranny and all, for $50. The 2nd gear synchros were going, but still...

As for strength, I don't think the F22 tranny is any weaker than the H22 one. JDM H22 trannies generally have lower mileage on them though, which means they can be in better shape.

A smaller turbo would probably work with the H22 tranny, but it wouldn't really give you enough power to make it worth the expense of installing it. If anything, go for the H23 tranny. I think that's a little shorter than the F, but longer than the H22.

For turbo, you really do want fairly long gearing.

Comment

yeah all thats nice and all deev but all this can be counteracted with a lighter flywheel imo

Comment

Working...
                            X