Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 or h23 tranny on my cd5 engine??

dont know if this is a repost .. hope its not ... lol

I see alot of people asking bout engine swaps. but what if i wanted to keep my original engine and just swap out the transmission?? anyone done it before, or know if an h23 or h22 tranny will be better.

the only thing is that i do not want standard ... this is my daily. so yea, it needs to be auto

i dont plan on going all out with my car but i wanted to get some kinda power out of it. maybe some headers ... msd ... u know simple bolt ons ...

any idea if a tranny swap would work out, or any suggestions??

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210 View Post
    the only thing is that i do not want standard ... this is my daily. so yea, it needs to be auto
    Well why would you want an auto???? Sticks make things more fun... ALWAYS! lol just playin...

but yeah i know that all F and H motors and trannies are inter changable so knowing that i would assume so. i mean i am gonna have an F22 tranny on my H22 when it's done. (longer gears mean better hgwy mileage). but i would wait for someone to agree with me before you do it. i may be wrong at time although not many times

Comment

I believe those trannies have the same gear ratios, so for all intents and purposes are the same. Can't go wrong either way. Keep your stock TCU though as the TCU from the H22/23 trannys will shift at 7K or so at full throttle... which won't be too good for your motor

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

h22-short gears
        h23-middle of both
        f22-long gears

but sence its an slushbox just get the H22. its not like youll be shifting it. so the short gears wont bug you

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
          h22-short gears
          h23-middle of both
          f22-long gears

but sence its an slushbox just get the H22. its not like youll be shifting it. so the short gears wont bug you
          h23 short gears 5spd 3000 5th gear @60mph aprox same for auto
          h22 middle of both 5spd 2400 5th gear @60mph aprox same auto
          f22 long gears
          some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
          some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
          some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
          f1 fan

Comment

so is h22 or h23 the one with short gears ...

Comment

or do u think i should just buy another accord auto tranny for my car ...

Comment

Go for a H22 LSD auto tranny.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

h22 auto tranny gets my vote. love the short gearing and since it's auto it shouldn't be too much in traffic .

would you need an h22 TCU though (transmission control unit)? i dunno since i've only dealt with 5spd. something to consider...
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                    h22 auto tranny gets my vote. love the short gearing and since it's auto it shouldn't be too much in traffic .

would you need an h22 TCU though (transmission control unit)? i dunno since i've only dealt with 5spd. something to consider...
                    Yea the TCU is needed.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

thx guys ...

auto h22 here i come ... when we get a chance to ... hehe

Comment

what about a cb7 ... f22a1 ... do u think the h22 or h23 would be better?? this tranny will be standard.

think he plans to keep the original motor .. but rebuild cause it is going to need it soon.

Comment

I forgot the gear ratios. but the h22 being the shortest, h23 being somewhere in the middle I think and of course the f22 having the loooongest.
                          1993 Accord EX
                          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Regarding the F22a's either auto or manual, an H23 or H22 (best IMO) will seriously wake up the performance.

Comment

Working...
                            X