h22 swap cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 swap cost

So I decided to start saving for my h22 swap. I want to know around how much Its going to cost. I know the engine itself is around 1500$ so if you guys can let me know how much it came out for you guys thattl help.

Thanks

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

depending on what you want to get for it, you'll end up spending about 300-500 more if you do it yourself.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Well i am looking to spend $1800 total right now. this is my list.

H22A=$1062 Shipped (Tiger Japanese)
      Misc Parts= $140 Timing belt,water pump,oil,coolant
      ECU = $110 shipped (looking at a deal from a member)
      Labor=$500 (Crzy Tuning is hooking me up)

Total=$1812

But if you can do it yourself you can save $500 and do it for $1300...

Just need to look around for a good deal...

Comment

yea as mentioned it all depends what you want.....

if you are getting motor and tranny expect to pay around $2,000
        -you may need a header(some come cut off)
        -always recommended to do some maintenance cause its easier while the motor is out timing belt, water pump, any necessary seals or gaskets that may be leaking etc etc
        -oil, coolant
        -ecu
        -may need a new clutch

i suggest having a little extra money on the side cause you never know....shit happens.

me personally i spent well over 2,000....rather not say how much lol may scare you into not wanting to do the swap....but i was a little anal with my swap..and also bought lots of extra unnecessary goodies.
        Last edited by ceelooboob; 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM.
        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

^^^^ yea i forgot to mention that..... i chose to stick with my F tranny to put less pressure on my wallet and to save gas on my long trips across the state....

I have seen trannies for around $500 so it's an option later.

Comment

1600 with me and my brother doing it
            my whipp

Comment

I am broke right now. But I have been talking to a family member who will by me an H22 (:don't ask who). I will probably have about $3000 by the begining of 2000. I plane to get a motor and build on it. I'll get the LSD later, when I get my Block all done. Hopefully the 3G'zzzz will cover the engine expenses that I have planned.

I'd say, IMO, will all of the reseacrh that I have done, for the basics to get your H up and running good with a regular H tranny (a good condition H) and required maintenece will cost you about $2300-2450 depending on if you swap it yourself.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                I am broke right now. But I have been talking to a family member who will by me an H22 (:don't ask who). I will probably have about $3000 by the begining of 2000. I plane to get a motor and build on it. I'll get the LSD later, when I get my Block all done. Hopefully the 3G'zzzz will cover the engine expenses that I have planned.

I'd say, IMO, will all of the reseacrh that I have done, for the basics to get your H up and running good with a regular H tranny (a good condition H) and required maintenece will cost you about $2300-2450 depending on if you swap it yourself.
                Well I want a jdm h22 and I'm going to stick with my F tranny. But I saw on jdmmotors.com (I think that's the website) an h22 with a tranny,ecu,clutch,harness .. For 1399 plus shipping so I don't think that's a bad deal.

And how much would a shop charge me 2 do it? Because I have lil experience with engine work.

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                  Well I want a jdm h22 and I'm going to stick with my F tranny. But I saw on jdmmotors.com (I think that's the website) an h22 with a tranny,ecu,clutch,harness .. For 1399 plus shipping so I don't think that's a bad deal.

And how much would a shop charge me 2 do it? Because I have lil experience with engine work.
                  We charge $600 for an engine swap We're located in St. Cloud, Fl. Not far from Orlando.

Most other shops charge anywhere between $500-1500.

Comment

I just looked on jdmmotors.com and it came up with one of those little search engines that just give you links.... idk if i would trust just anywhere. And 1399 for that is a steal from what i have been looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                      We charge $600 for an engine swap We're located in St. Cloud, Fl. Not far from Orlando.

Most other shops charge anywhere between $500-1500.
                      That's not bad. How long would it take? And what do you guys think a reasonable price for it would be without a tranny .

Comment

I replaced a bunch of commonly worn parts with OEM pieces when I put mine in.

Including the lsd transmission and h22a, I spent about three grand.

Comment

That's not bad. How long would it take? And what do you guys think a reasonable price for it would be without a tranny .
                          It usually only takes us a weekend. Shit does happen, so that's why I say usually.

The price is the same regardless. It's actually more work to take your old f22 trans off your f22 and then put it on the h22. Price is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                            I just looked on jdmmotors.com and it came up with one of those little search engines that just give you links.... idk if i would trust just anywhere. And 1399 for that is a steal from what i have been looking at.
                            The actual website I was looking at was japanesedomesticimport.com . They have a jdm h22 with ecu and a bunch of other stuff for 1300 + shipping. This seems like a good deal to me.

Comment

The deal may be good, but who knows if the engine will be good? It's a risk. But hey, you can be the guinea pig

Comment

Working...
                              X