No announcement yet.

F22B Timing Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so your tellin me that i have to options to replace the timing belt in a jdm F22b DOCH

1. Use the GSR/ITR timing belt and be a wider by 2mm and risk the chance of it breaking cause it rubs againt the balancer shaft

OR

2. Replace the the timing belt and water pump with a h23 timing belt and water pump and i wont have anything to worry about?? correct

if this is so i will be getting a 93 prelude that is dwn cus its needs a timing belt and the preivous owner of it swapped in a jdm f22b DOCH and they cant find the right belt cus there not in the right country

Comment

your best bet, what i did last saturday, swap the timing belt and water pump. you'll never have to worry about it again. (untill the next maint.) h23 guide pulleys work too. i replaced mine just for peice of mind.

Comment

thats what awe are saying, but if you cant slide it on. ITS NOT OUR FAULTS.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

spirit7623 could just buy a bunch of T-belts while in Japan and make some change when he returns selling them to everyone here that needs them.

Honda 14400-PT2-004 UNITTA Super Powergrip 126RU24

Anyhow, if a JDM F22b dohc head was installed onto a F22a1 block, what belt would I have to use and/or would fit correctly? Thanks.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ok it was asked many times on this post.

Some used the GSR belt, but it seemed to be of no problem for some and other they say it rubs. Does it always rub and some just don't care or is it an installation thing here?

Is then tensioner technically able to take out 4mm of stretch? I'm swapping next week, and i'm having the same problem. I think i will go for the GSR or i'll just choose a F22B that has a good one on it (i can choose from 20 of them at the shop) and wait until you guys find a real solution

Comment

Originally posted by mikev88
              ok it was asked many times on this post.

Some used the GSR belt, but it seemed to be of no problem for some and other they say it rubs. Does it always rub and some just don't care or is it an installation thing here?

Is then tensioner technically able to take out 4mm of stretch? I'm swapping next week, and i'm having the same problem. I think i will go for the GSR or i'll just choose a F22B that has a good one on it (i can choose from 20 of them at the shop) and wait until you guys find a real solution
              regardless of how it looks, i would still replace it. check above. use h23 tbelt and water pump. problem solved
              I hate thieves!

Comment

GOD HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS?!?!

its your motor, but i as sure wouldnt stick a fucking old belt on my motor that has been sitting more than 4 yrs... and you can sure as hell bet this motors have been sitting for a while.

Comment

^^^^^I can vouch for that. just look at your injectors, intake mani, etc. just because the have low miles, they are not new. every seal, belt, and small part must be replaced. take it from those that know.
                  ok this is exactly what you need. nothing less nothing more.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
                  Last edited by iamanonymous; 01-10-2005, 11:21 PM.
                  I hate thieves!

Comment

so i could put a h22-23? water pump and timing belt on a f22a6 block with a f22b dohc head..right? with out much prob.?
                    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

Originally posted by EG-Si hatch
                      so i could put a h22-23? water pump and timing belt on a f22a6 block with a f22b dohc head..right? with out much prob.?
                      imo that is too much trouble. there are many places that you can get an engine cheap.
                      japanstarmotor.com (mine) $700.00 and $900.00 w/ 5 spd
                      phatdonut got his somewhere < $500.00
                      he may be willing to sell his f22b if he still has it. last i heard he jumped over to h22. if he still has it, that motor is tip top.
                      no matter what, you'll always have a block with more than 100k. btw, i have never seen anyone sell just a head for the f22b.......
                      I hate thieves!

Comment

no more f22b for me, it has been parted out in the classifieds thread, still have some parts left, intake mani w/ tb, knock sensor, p14 and distributor, and header.

here is a pic of the block and head. now..LOL
                        Also i got mine from hmotors online.

Comment

h23 timing belt with f22b water pump look, perfect fit. no play what so ever. dont know what everyone else is talking about.

Comment

i thought you could use the h23 water pump.
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

you can, but my dad said my water pump was still in really good condition so i kept the f22b one.

Comment

I thought you had a H23 pump, so if you say it looks good and it's tight, i'm gonna try it this way if there's a problem i'll just buy a damn waterpump. But hey can you list me the seals that must be changed on the engine???

Comment

Working...
                                X