Lucky Junkyard Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Junkyard Find

Ran into this at the junkyard earlier today...

it says F22a1 but is there any way to find out what head is that?? what would you pay for this?
    Last edited by WI_Zoe; 05-07-2009, 04:58 PM.

that looks like a motor from a member on here dont know his name but i have seen that vaule cover

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Could be H23/F22B/F20
      wat?

Comment

Yeah, i was gonna say, thats a frank motor.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

is it worth buying from the looks of it??

Comment

No. Probably has water in it.
            wat?

Comment

intake manifold looks mint

Comment

How much is it?

If its cheap, id buy it. Or tear off what you need/want.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

There should be stamps on the head that have the ECU code for the engine... For instance, my H22A has P13 stamped on the head, on the intake mani, on the exhaust mani, and the block. It's a handy way of identifying parts when you just find them. So, I'd look around for stamps like that. P14 would be H23A, F22B would be P39. Good luck!
                  1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

It's a DOHC for sure.

Comment

If you have plans on rebuilding it, then by all means buy it. Some people like to swap engines from right out of the junkyard untested (well some jdm swaps are lemons too) but a reputable shop wouldn't sell one like that. At a pick n' pull yard, you are the one responsible for what you are buying. A couple of things you can try to see if it is even worth buying would be turning the crank to see if it moves freely. If it doesn't, there could be a chance the motor seized somehow. (internal damage, thrown rod, nitrous melted/welded pistons, seized bearings etc. that can't be seen until the motor is taken apart)

You could also pull the valve cover off and check to see if it's semi-clean or untaken care of dirty bronze (oil sludged filled). I've noticed some people go as far as taking the whole motor out and at least seperating the headto check it carefully. Remember there is a reason why that car is at the junkyard to begin with. If the car body looks good and doesn't look like it's been in a accident, then chances are the reason why the car there is because the motor is toast.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
                        If you have plans on rebuilding it, then by all means buy it. Some people like to swap engines from right out of the junkyard untested (well some jdm swaps are lemons too) but a reputable shop wouldn't sell one like that. At a pick n' pull yard, you are the one responsible for what you are buying. A couple of things you can try to see if it is even worth buying would be turning the crank to see if it moves freely. If it doesn't, there could be a chance the motor seized somehow. (internal damage, thrown rod, nitrous melted/welded pistons, seized bearings etc. that can't be seen until the motor is taken apart)

You could also pull the valve cover off and check to see if it's semi-clean or untaken care of dirty bronze (oil sludged filled). I've noticed some people go as far as taking the whole motor out and at least seperating the headto check it carefully. Remember there is a reason why that car is at the junkyard to begin with. If the car body looks good and doesn't look like it's been in a accident, then chances are the reason why the car there is because the motor is toast.
                        Thank for the info

Comment

the upper end is worth taking.

or get the entire motor and rip in it...i sold my set of crank and rods for 100 bucks. used the oil pan and 20 bucks to buy me a 4bidden shifter.

i also use the heads as cores for rebuilding. (f22's at least)
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what JY is that? i'd at least grab that intake manifold. you should be ble to sell that pretty easy on here. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i would buy it. it couldnt be that much and you could make your money back easy just from the parts off of it.

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Working...
                              X