H22 Cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Cai

I did a search in the FAQ and other areas about this, but came up empty handed. Maybe this is simple - but I just don't want to get the wrong one.

What CAI works with an H22 installed in a CB7. Are the Accord and Prelude ones the same? I was looking at getting one from AEM.
    I know I have seen other cars on here with one, but can't find them now.

I have a 92 EX-R with ABS.

And please......no, "I think this one works"!

Thanks
    Anything is possible when you don't know what your talking about............

Prelude Bro
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I'm running a ebay one for a stock f22 accord on my h22.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Thanks guys.

Did you have to relocate the battery? Or does everything fit well.

Comment

i bought a 3" h22 intake but it wouldnt fit due to the battery. so i had to cut the pipe and make it a warm air. it rubs a lil.

no
          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
          $30 HID kits here Thread
          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I've got the AEM CAI for the 92-96 Prelude. I had to modify the battery tray and fab up a mounting bracket for the intake. Once that was done, everything fits perfectly! You CAN also use the AEM CAI for the Accord, but it is a smaller diameter, therefore not as much air can get in.
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

just about any will work. Im using a 2.5 civic one with the stock filter box. just make sure you tighten the clamps on the couplers

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                I've got the AEM CAI for the 92-96 Prelude. I had to modify the battery tray and fab up a mounting bracket for the intake. Once that was done, everything fits perfectly! You CAN also use the AEM CAI for the Accord, but it is a smaller diameter, therefore not as much air can get in.
                You don't by chance have a picture of what you modified do you?

Comment

I might be able to go and take one later today, but I had to cut the end off of the battery tray and drill a hole to mount the CAI. The Prelude mounts where it goes through into the fender instead of up on the strut tower. It was easy once I found the exact spot to drill the mounting hole.
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Just for anyone doing this in the future. I didn't mention before that I am also using a Skunk2 intake and throttle body. The skunk2 intake sits back closer to the fire wall than the stock intake, so now the Prelude CAI seems too short. I cut the hole for it to go down into the fender well, but the filter will not clear the plastic fender liner. The Prelude CAI also sits way too close to the ABS lines, but hopefully they won't rub - time will tell.
                    I am going to try and extend the pipe further down into the fender well where there is more room for the filter.

Comment

Working...
                    X