which way to swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which way to swap

Recently I have been looking for an engine to swap into my 93 accord. I have looked at the h22's and f20a's but not sure which way I should go.

H22a-------------200hp $2100
    H22a type-s-----220hp $4000
    H22a euro-R----220hp $4500

F20a accord Si--150hp $700

I am just not sure which way to go. I know I get more power with an H22 over a F20a but is the extra power worth the $1400-$3800 difference. Of course these aren't all the specs of these engines. I was just giving those who don't know the specs of the engines some kind of clue. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do please let me know. Any reply would be great.
    live long and drive hard
    For pics check my members thread

Thanx for the info. So your saying even if I have the money, my best bet is the H22a and not the type-s or euro R.
    live long and drive hard
    For pics check my members thread

Comment

Yes deffinately get a regular JDM H22A if you can afford the extra money get yourself one with an LSD 5-Speed.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

WOuld an JDM H22A automatic come with LSD or that just for 5 speed? are the auto even harder to find??
        90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
        < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

honestly i have no idea. but if you dont mind my 2cents... dont get an a/t. if youre gonna go and spend all this money on a potential powerhouse like a h22, dont rob yourself and get one with an a/t tranny.

i always wanted to stay a/t. i thought id just get a torque converter and shiftronic kit from level10. but i am soooo happy i didnt. this is my first m/t car, and like everyone else ive heard from... i will NEVER go back to auto.

and i second what busted said. but i say if you cant afford lsd, wait until you can.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
            WOuld an JDM H22A automatic come with LSD or that just for 5 speed? are the auto even harder to find??
            Yes the Auto's did come with an LSD version. Auto's are very popular, allot of time shops buy the auto H22A combo and rip the auto off and sell the H22A as the long block. That's how I got mine.

The auto's do have potential but they are not as widely supported as the 5-Speeds. If we where talking Ford or Chevy it would be a different story.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

go h22a bro and get a quaife lsd with a act headvy-duty street/strip sprung hub disk and just build it from there dont go for the hype oh and uhh yeah that obd2 is a bitch dont even bother with it stick to obd1 bro h22a 92-96 si v-tec =

Comment

DrLove'sKuDang

I was planning to go stay an auto and like get an level ten upgrade for the tranny, since no one has done that on this board, I want to see how an upgrade auto tranny vs stock manual. Since it also an family car, my sister and mom like to ride in it too so I'm pressure to stay an automatic. Woman don't like souping up car, but they like driving it

How much lost in drivetrain with the h22a auto vs 5speed?? how about 1/4 times? if my auto h22a are within few tens of a sec that good enough for me. I can use that $300-$500 saving from buying an auto and add on 50HP shoot of Nitrous to gain that extra few tenths
                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                X