X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U would get better gas mileage from a 2.0L high compression block

F20A SOHC w/10:1 pistons, H23 IM & 2.25" exhaust >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F23A

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

well you should just find a f22a6 with the ecu (pt6) put that in your car but you should rebuild it make every thing clean. drop her in put a short ram air intake and a full exhaust 4-2-1 header, high flow cat, and a catback exhaust. that will word good for and not be had to do.

i did about 40k on my car last year. but i have a f22a1.
      back at it again

Comment

I dont think there is a kit or company that uses a coil on plug with the stock ecu .

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Well the f23 has lots of extra sensors like cam position, crank position, knock sensor and so on, that you will have to run more wiring for.
          Nearly every engine has cam and crank sensors, obd1 applications already have cam, crank, and tdc sensors.
          The h22 has a knock sensor, but it is easy to wire up.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7 View Post
            I dont think there is a kit or company that uses a coil on plug with the stock ecu .
            Nope, the stock ecu cannot support it to my knowledge. I plan on going cop eventually with a magnetti marelli setup(I've got a hookup at work) with my e8, but even it will not be completely easy. We will end up having to run 2 dual channel igniters and then the coils. It won't be incredibly difficult, but it will somewhat time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
              Nope, the stock ecu cannot support it to my knowledge. I plan on going cop eventually with a magnetti marelli setup(I've got a hookup at work) with my e8, but even it will not be completely easy. We will end up having to run 2 dual channel igniters and then the coils. It won't be incredibly difficult, but it will somewhat time consuming.
              I understand it will be complicated and I know it will need fine tunning but i couldnt resist saying this : " and a MoTeC system exhaust" srry. LOL
              Let us know how this goes too .

Comment

A motec exhaust on a haltech car, my head might asplode.

Ha, I'll keep you updated though good sir.

Comment

build the car for gas mileage?

there's an f18z1...

i seen it once at a jdm shop

may have came out of this

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/809209

meh, the motor sat there for a long time and i dont think it even sold
                  Last edited by f22-dohc; 07-07-2008, 06:08 PM.
                  welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

This thread interests me, I'm looking at doing the same thing, but not for emissions. The F23 is an easy engine to get a hold of, its cheap, they usually have low miles, and they get pretty good economy. So I'm probably going to be doing this swap soon. However I was under the impression that I would just need an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness, but from reading and doing research, it sounds like I may need to use an OBD1 vtec harness on the F23? Is that correct? I have a CB7.

Comment

I'm interested in the wiring since your going to run the long block f23? I used the f23 bottom end(obd2) and a h22(obd2) head. But of course I used the cb7 wire harness and an obd1 prelude ecu, so i didn't have any problems
                      Previous cb7members ride thread
                      86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Working...
                      X