f22a1 vs. f22a6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a1 vs. f22a6 swap

i have the f22a1 motor, and i've got a hold of an f22a6 swap. is there a noticiable power difference? i've got an H series plenum with me now, so...

oh and also, my a1 leaks oil! blockplug right above the oil filter. painnn
    Last edited by nostringz; 05-30-2008, 02:38 PM. Reason: grammer/mechanics

Be Clean

u will notice a difference

specially if its stick

also keep in mind for everything to run right u gotta haver ther a6 computer
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

yeah there's a considerable difference 20 hp over the A1 the A6 has a different intake manifold exhaust manifold camshaft and ecu. Im in the process of doing the same swap.
      One Day At A Time
      "Honda Connaisseur"
      1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
      1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
      1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
      1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
      Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
      Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Personally, I would go with a manual transaxle if that is a choice and the healthiest of the 2 motors. Our motors are old and used, I believe all F22ax motors are close enough to one another in performance that it is negligible, especially with motors that have higher mileage on them. In the end, you will be happy with the better of the 2 motors, more reliable, less problems and saves you money in the end.

You can always add performance upgrades later! Especially since you can just rip them off the other motor if necessary, keep the other as a spare parts. It's amazing how brackets, fasteners, come in hand when you need them.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i was actually thinking about just taking the ecu and intake manifold and upgrading the camshafts from bisimoto.

but i do have an oil leak at one of the block plugs above the oil filter... so i dunno if 20 hp is worth the sweat and time of a motor swap...

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
            i was actually thinking about just taking the ecu and intake manifold and upgrading the camshafts from bisimoto.

but i do have an oil leak at one of the block plugs above the oil filter... so i dunno if 20 hp is worth the sweat and time of a motor swap...
            I plan on building my motor with all bisimoto parts. He knows what he is doing worth every red cent.
            One Day At A Time
            "Honda Connaisseur"
            1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
            1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
            1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
            1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
            Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
            Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

don't swap the whole engine...waste of time...just swap the a6;
              cam, ecu, intake (of course use the h22 plenum instead), and windage tray.

a1 and a6 are same block...same head...too much extra work for the same parts...just swap what is different...less time less effort same end result. IMO

Unless the a6 block is like hella less miles or something.
              ____

Comment

Bump, for the people runnin an lx ecu on their a1, and would like to swap over to the ex ecu. What would we see in gain as for as hp. Mayb 5?

It will b only ecu swapped over. No cam, no im
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                  Bump, for the people runnin an lx ecu on their a1, and would like to swap over to the ex ecu. What would we see in gain as for as hp. Mayb 5?

It will b only ecu swapped over. No cam, no im
                  dude, probably nothing. for the im to be in working condition it needs the ecu, but if you don't have that -- no change i would expect.

yeah bisimoto does know his shit. reliable shit. his cam gears look tight too. but bling factor - the f22 is a loser. speed and money - we accorders are probably known to be cheap bastards in everything we do. haha

Be Clean

Comment

Working...
                  X