H series or K series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H series or K series?

Alright guys... I know I'm still new and you guys are prolly gonna shrug my thread off... And thats okay I guess... But I've got a whole build planned for an H22 swap... Complete build and boost... I've been talking with some people from my hometown and came across a Kseries Type S motor... It's not running but it comes with typeS six speed tranny... Should I stick with my H series build or drop it before I get too deep into it and grab this K series up?

Kenny
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Decide for yourself. Everyone that can type in google.com knows the perks of an h or a k.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Id say H series because in the end it would probably cost you less to go fast. Now if we could fast forward a year or two and k's in a cb were common enough to have some support (mounts, axles, harness,...) then it wouldnt be such a bad idea.

However if you've got lots of cash to spend then do it

Comment

h

easier...more power...more knowledge...more parts

k--wow factor...newer tech...more potential perhaps??? eh who knows

I like h
        ____

Comment

h= not a great engine to boost due to its high compression, but overall its great , powerful , alot of knowledge on it , everyone knows jus how much u can push out of one though

k= go for it if you have alot of money an time to spend... not that much knowledge on it but its a great learning experience.. i would do one if i had the money, plus its potentials i believe are way higher... ( write a good thread on it an document everything if you do it, you`ll become famous quick lol )
          I sell slightly used tires for cheap, jus pm me what u need!

Hp sells cars, Tq wins races ....
          - 95 Camaro (beast) TOTALED
          - 92 Camaro RS (fixer-upper) SOLD
          -92 Accord LX (slammed) SOLD
          - 95 Jetta (VR-SEX) CURRENT DD

Comment

Not much knowledge on the K series? HA
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

LOL... well for one, I'm not really looking for fame.. I have a budget that I'm on right now... My H build won't be complete until next spring... HOPEFULLY... But if I got the K I could def get it running and swapped in my car by the end of this summer... That would give me all Fall and Winter to research the K and maybe find a Kseries forum (no forum could replace you guys though) for some support... I dunno... I'm still weighing my options... Has anyone even swapped a K in a cb7 before?

Comment

2point6 is working in conjunction with hasport to make mounts for a k-series swap into a cb7. There is a few threads on here about the subject.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
                Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
                Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
                04 WRX stg 2 sedan
                Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by tickleMYelmo
                  LOL... well for one, I'm not really looking for fame.. I have a budget that I'm on right now... My H build won't be complete until next spring... HOPEFULLY... But if I got the K I could def get it running and swapped in my car by the end of this summer... That would give me all Fall and Winter to research the K and maybe find a Kseries forum (no forum could replace you guys though) for some support... I dunno... I'm still weighing my options... Has anyone even swapped a K in a cb7 before?
                  I haven't seen it done, but I really think U should do it. U could be one of the first. !!!!
                  92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Cool... I didn't expect to find anything so I didn't look too hard... But I'll def search some more and see what I can find... Thanks alot guys... And I'll def keep everyone posted on progress with whichever motor I end up going with...

Comment

2point6 has the K in his car...If its running I do not know yet. His car was one of the cars Hasport used to fab some of the mounts and I guess the wiring/axles maybe. jdmtrikcb7 has a K sitting in his garage.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I saw an add for k series motor mounts into a 90- 93 accord in a issue of Honda Tuning. It said just call and order.

Comment

F series, fuck vtec.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                            F series, fuck vtec.
                            x2.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X