h23 mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 mani

i did a search and stuff but juss wondering will this h23 manifold be a direct bolt on for our f22's? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW and will this give me any gain?

..if your talking about the IM, i don't see why not. when i had my F22b, i kept my A6 IM coz it was p&p..bolted right on so you shouldn't have a problem with it.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

It is a direct bolt on. A couple of guys have done it and I have one waiting in the wings.

The important thing is getting the H23 throttle body, it's much larger than the stock F22.

Search some more on eBay and you can pick up an entire H23 intake manifold for much less than what that guy wants. $75 tops.

Just make sure it has the throttle body, not all of them do.
      Bart: What's your name?
      Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

would the h23 im be a upgrade from the a6 im???

My Ride

Comment

The throttle body and upper plenum would be due to the wider bore.

But I guess the runners are a matter of opinion.

The H23 runners are supposed to be narrower but longer, and the A6 wider but shorter.

It would be the velocity versus volume arguement like the SR versus the CAI. (Yes, I know the CAI has colder air too)

Some other folks say the H23 TB and plenum with the A6 runners are the best. I can't really say from experience though.

If you already have the A6, then grab an H23 TB and upper plenum, they should bolt right up to your runners.

If you have the A4 or A1, then either a complete H23 intake or the H23/A6 combo would be swell.

I have an A4 and the complete H23, so I'm trying that. When I get the H23 mani cleaned up, I'll measure it. We'll see if we can get an A6 guy to do the same and then compare.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayCar
            The throttle body and upper plenum would be due to the wider bore.

But I guess the runners are a matter of opinion.

The H23 runners are supposed to be narrower but longer, and the A6 wider but shorter.

Some other folks say the H23 TB and plenum with the A6 runners are the best. I can't really say from experience though.

If you already have the A6, then grab an H23 TB and upper plenum, they should bolt right up to your runners.

thats the setup my friend is running, i thought he was full of shit.. but i guess he's right.. ill be on the look out

My Ride

Comment

i researched this cause i had a h23 manifold here..

i compared it to the f22...

i noticed that the f22 runners are together intil the bottom of the manifold where it goes into the head...but on the h23 the runners are individual from the middle of the thing where the butterflys are...so basically its all individual

im not sure if it would make a difference but in my mind id think so...plus the bigger bore of the h23.

but as for that ebay product....it rpobably will fit, but its no where near a f22a6 manifold cause it doesnt have dual runners, only single, but maybe the increased size or something will make up for that...and also the EGR system is removed....so watch out for smog there.

but i confirmed that the h23 bolts up directly with the f22...but i think the IAC lines have to be extended and so is the fast idle valve.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                i noticed that the f22 runners are together intil the bottom of the manifold where it goes into the head...but on the h23 the runners are individual from the middle of the thing where the butterflys are...so basically its all individual
                So...

The A6 runners are two seperate tubes until it meets the head and the H23 runners combine in the middle?

Which one is all individual?

Comment

i'm doing a write up on the swap as far as most everything goes. The only thing i'm worried about is the space and that's about it. everything else i got figured out.
                  BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                    i'm doing a write up on the swap as far as most everything goes. The only thing i'm worried about is the space and that's about it. everything else i got figured out.
                    ..you shouldn't have a problem with the fitment. if H22's fit in cb7's, then having a H23 IM wouldn't be any different.
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i know it fits. i just hope that the bolts on the underside of the intake mani aren't rusted or hard to take off. that's all.
                      BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

how much are these h23 intake manifolds goin for?
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I've seen them sold on eGay for $30-$75.

Like I said, gotta make sure the TB is in the sale, a lot of them don't have it.

Though I wouldn't mind one of those Bullfrog jobbies. Bored way out, but cost a lot of cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayCar
                            So...

The A6 runners are two seperate tubes until it meets the head and the H23 runners combine in the middle?

Which one is all individual?
                            well the h23 is all individual..and the f22 are only individual passed the diaphram controls...the f22 combines in th[e middle.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Ah, ok.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X