H22 Swap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Swap Question

I am considering swapping an H22 into my 92 Accord LX 4-Door. When I do this, will I need to swap tranny's or will my stock tranny bolt up to the H22? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    John

stock will work, prelude will be better
    HSHO #3

Comment

Thanks for that 93AccordEX. What is the difference in the accord and prelude tranny?

Comment

hmm yea I wrote basically that exact statement before and for some reason it didnt show up. so yea that and also you are most likely going to fall out of vtec at least on the 1-2 shift depending where its set at.
        HSHO #3

Comment

Thanks guys. Does it matter that I have an automatic? I would like to have gotten a 5 speed but was in need of a car at the time so i didn't really care. What are the gear ratios of the f22 and h22?

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            accord is geared higher and the lude tranny is geared just right (and a lot lower)......you'll go from 0-whatever faster with an h22a tranny......the h23 is in between the two if that matters......the f22 isn't all bad, but it will be a good bit slower since it's geared so much higher......highway cruising will be a lot less harsh on the engine though.....i tach 4000rpm at around 80mph
            is that 80@4000rpm with a h22 tranny in 5th?

Comment

fizzbob is that in a 5 spd or do the auto's have 5 gears? if they do, that is the first one i have ever heard of.

Comment

that would be manual. my usdm tranny puts me at about 4000 at 70 with 215/45/16 tires.
                HSHO #3

Comment

i figured that it was a manual. i will be sticking to the sorry automatic, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by White92
                    i figured that it was a manual. i will be sticking to the sorry automatic, unfortunately.
                    Don't worry about that Auto H22' throw down low 15's all the time with the usual bolt on's, plus they're cheaper and normally not as abused as the 5-Speeds. They actually do have a great deal of potential although most times overlooked. Plus it's comfortable to just put it in D4 and drive around.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Just food for thought... We were running a 4th gen/H22 swap with the stock accord tranny at the track it was running 15.8 (don't laugh our elevation here sucks). the next weekend we had swapped a Prelude M2A4 tranny in place and went 14.8. I realize that this could be due to some weather conditions since it was slightly cooler the next weekend, but it was the only change made to the car and that was quite a drop in E.T.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                        Just food for thought... We were running a 4th gen/H22 swap with the stock accord tranny at the track it was running 15.8 (don't laugh our elevation here sucks). the next weekend we had swapped a Prelude M2A4 tranny in place and went 14.8. I realize that this could be due to some weather conditions since it was slightly cooler the next weekend, but it was the only change made to the car and that was quite a drop in E.T.
                        Damn a whole second. Gearing definately makes a difference. Which tranny is the M2A4 the JDM LSD H22A right? I think mine is an M2S4 USDM H23A peg leg.
                        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

M2B4 = LSD, M2A4 same gearing as M2B4, but non LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                            M2B4 = LSD, M2A4 same gearing as M2B4, but non LSD.
                            not only does he know his stuff, hes damn sexxxy doing it!

Built H22 inside

Comment

nice car pearlaccord can i see some more pics please?

Comment

Working...
                              X