H22a swap in works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a swap in works!

well i dropped my car off a the shop yesterday for my swap..i`m getting the H22a, swapping my slushbox for a manual tranny, replacing the upper and lower control arm rubber bushings with poly bushings, clutchmasters ultra light flywheel and stage one clutch. almost $2000 in install and extra parts alone. i cant wait to get it back at the end of the week. I also finished my L.E.D fog lights for the front bumper...i modified my turn signals and put 36 ultra bright LED`s in each one. looks awsome i`ll try to get pics of everything posted when i get my car back.
    H22a swap
    18 speaker audio system
    Tokico Illumina susp. kit
    Motegi FF5 17`s
    VIS racing CF Techno R spoiler

Good deal! I paid $1750 for my swap labor, and I didn't need the tranny conversion. $2000 is pretty cheap for all that! I regret not doing my own, but I like that I never had any problems with it. At least when the pros do it, you know that things are done right.

Comment

yeah, they called me yesterday and said that they had all of the parts for the tranny swap.. it cost $270 just for those parts..thats less than what i had expected so they are just waiting for my flywheel and they can finish up the work..i will have it by friday if the flywheel comes in.
      H22a swap
      18 speaker audio system
      Motegi FF5 17`s

Comment

ultra light flywheel, god damn i bet that thing weighs 4lbs
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

another satisfied hybrid im so happy i could cry. :sniff;sniff

Comment

whyte7 is my brother and my h22 should be here in a couple of weeks. it is coming from florida and i am getting the ultra light flywheel and stage 1 clutch as well for my coupe. it will be great having 2 cb7 hybrids in the family. my brother didn't get limited slip but i did.
            Last edited by 91excoupe; 08-25-2004, 09:56 PM.
            JDM H22a
            P2T4 tranny
            I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
            16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
            nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
            custom short throw shifter
            Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
            Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
            Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

sucks to be your brother! Not only does he not have the LSD, but he gets to compare how much better it is on a daily bases!

by the way, keep representing the Hybrid CB7's!
              OS^e
              1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

i plan on getting a phantom grip limited slip soon after my swap. i cant wait to race my bro and see the diff from a stock cb7 to a hybrid ...i do have a question tho..with my stage one clutch i know there is a break in time..how long is it. i have heard 300 miles, 400 miles, and 500 miles of stop and go traffic..whatever it is i plan to knock it out out in 2 days at most.. lol anyone have any helpful hints about the break in period i need to know about?

thanx
                H22a swap
                18 speaker audio system
                Motegi FF5 17`s

Comment

Originally posted by Whyte7
                  i do have a question tho..with my stage one clutch i know there is a break in time..how long is it. i have heard 300 miles, 400 miles, and 500 miles of stop and go traffic..whatever it is i plan to knock it out out in 2 days at most.. lol anyone have any helpful hints about the break in period i need to know about?

thanx
                  Listen to whatever the manufacturer reccomends... they know best...if you don't get the paperwork from your clutch kit then don't be shy and call them up and ask...

I do know that organics usually require a minimum of 500-750 miles of stop and go driving to break in and heat cycle properly...

freeway miles don't count...sadly...
                  RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

listen stay away from the phantom grip it works but it will break. Ive heard from quite a few forums even the person who sells the h22 that the phantomgrip lsd's break YOu should get a next to real kaaz or a real one like me quaife lsd. Youll have less problems in the long run in making power trust me on that.

Comment

okay thanx for the replies i`ll call clutchmasters and find out.. the quaife LSD is really expensive lol i will have to think about that one..but i`ll stay away from the phantom grip.
                      H22a swap
                      18 speaker audio system
                      Motegi FF5 17`s

Comment

Actualy, KAAZ is a real LSD, quaife is "next to real"

Quaife is better for a daily driver. It won't cause any drivability issues. A full gear or clutch type LSD will make noise around corners, and will need to be rebuilt every so often.

There are a few people on here that have the Phantom Grip and actually like it. It IS a cheap alternative, and many of them have lasted years (and are still working). It all depends on how you drive, and how much power you're putting out. With a nearly stock H22, the Phantom Grip would probably be alright. Still, you DO get what you pay for most often!

Comment

So how much for everything total including labor?

Comment

the motor was $2950
                            the clutch flywheel and labor is around $1700
                            i donno about the labor on the poly bushings yet i think around $100 for upper and lower control arms together

so i spent around $4750on everything..

i`m supposed to get my car back today.... i cant wait
                            H22a swap
                            18 speaker audio system
                            Motegi FF5 17`s

Comment

thats way too much bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X