No announcement yet.

You swapped or They Swapped??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all of you people who get good prices on engines/ecus/trans (like under 1800) where have you gotten them. Also, how do you know what the condition of the motor is going to be?

I have always heard hmotors was a great place to order from becuase they are reputible, but they are mighty expensive compared to what everyone is saying in this thread.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I bought my motor locally and my friend dad knew a person selling. So thats how I got mine. When we got it we comp tested it. I got 215 across the board. I also pulled the oil pan and so on and cleaned it all out. There was some crap inside the oil journals and crap like additive cleaned all that out and it was ok. Mainly comp test/leakdown test is a good thing to do when you get your motor.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Probably spent around $850 for my entire f22b dohc swap. No trans tho. Did it myself and with the help of some friends.

Since then, I've swapped 2 other motors in. One JDM F22A that cost me $300, swapped as it was.

Recently swapped a rebuilt f22a1. That cost me about $3k.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

JDM F22B w/ auto tranny = $850 shipped
          Misc = $65ish give or take

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

wow..good shit guys! Luckily for me i got a buddy here in Tulsa with a boosted BB6 H23. He says he's done a few H swaps already and knows what he's talkin about. So im gonna have this dood tell/show me the ropes and all.
            Only thing is that the guy hasn't put an H into an accord yet, haha. All i can think of is something with the tranny...idk i forgot......i'll go back to the sticky...leave me alone.
            Last edited by Djmoua; 03-08-2008, 06:19 PM.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
              wow..good shit guys! Luckily for me i got a buddy here in Tulsa with a boosted BB6 H23. He says he's done a few H swaps already and knows what he's talkin about. So im gonna have this dood tell/show me the ropes and all.
              Only thing is that the guy hasn't put an H into an accord yet, haha. All i can think of is something with the tranny...idk i forgot......i'll go back to the sticky...leave me alone.
              pics please
              Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
              Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u

Cheater thats not an f22b. Thats a person. This aint the flintstones!

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Picked up a jdm h22a with lsd tranny for about $2k. Swapped it myself with the help of 1 or 2 friends.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05

ol' sk00l baby

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      hahahaha

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

Comment

well.. i swapped my F22b in one day.. by myself .. friends came over to see what was going on but never lent a hand. Total spent on the swap was around 900 bux. I got lucky and did some trading for a lightweight flywheel. I filled my own mounts and got a new clutch that i had under warranty. All seals were put in prior to the swap. It took about two hours to put in all new seals, water pump, timing belt, etc.. I would go with this swap over an H22 simple fact that if i spend the same amount of money on either swap i can come out ahead with the F22b and still keep up or be faster than an H22 !!

Doing the swap yourself is always good.. you get to learn some things and gain experience. The H22 swap is just the same as any other swap you do except you have to run a few wires to the ecu. So in preparation for that you just make a sub harness and run the wires through the firewall and plug them in. So if you make the sub harness before the swap then the wiring will take you a good 10 min at the most to complete.

Originally posted by Devergote
                        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

im my accord the h swap took a day f out and clean engine bay and h back in no problem, my finace and i and some friends did it, didnt really spend any extra money other than oil antifreeze and some hoses.

the prelude h put in i think maybe 4 hours. just mike and i on that one, but the engine bay was empty so it was a little faster. same tho no extra money really.

we have done many others at our house 2 f series, 3 b series, and 2 head changes, none of them ever take more time than a day day and half max ( usually only if we are waiting on parts to come in)
                          and both turbo setups were completed within a day. it really pays to do your own work. i can emagine what it would of cost for all of our projects.

Comment

hahaha gah you guys are hella psycho doin this kinda work in 1-2 days...but that's kickass. IDK how you guys do it..but obviously u guys know the ropes. I only know step one:....Disconnect battery. of course disconnect hoses...haha that's about it.

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                              hahaha gah you guys are hella psycho doin this kinda work in 1-2 days...but that's kickass. IDK how you guys do it..but obviously u guys know the ropes. I only know step one:....Disconnect battery. of course disconnect hoses...haha that's about it.
                              just get in there and get your hands dirty !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                              A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
                                just get in there and get your hands dirty !!
                                o i will...someday....this year.

Plus. ...i had a dream that i had a boosted f22B1...hahaha i almost cried out gotdammit tahaha cuz supposedly i was shipped an F22B1 instead of the H22A hahaha...ahhhhhh im so dam bored.

*Needs*
                                -New shocks
                                -Struts
                                -Drop
                                -Cleaning
                                -New Tires/Wheels
                                -New Window Tint
                                -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Working...
                                X