X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good thread

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

$500 for the motor + ecu (craigslist FTW!)
      ~$500 for new OEM clutch, rod and main bearings (cause I was there), and assorted gaskets and seals.
      Reused the flywheel and pressure plate

I did everything on mine by myself. Time wise, about 4 days straight through actual work, and those are relatively easy days. It took longer in real life, cause I pulled the bearings to get the colors, and then ordered them (took a couple of days). If I had been working my butt off, then maybe 2.5. Doing the bearings adds a lot of time to it, cause that is a fairly slow process (especially cause you're putting things together just to take them apart again in a couple of minutes). If I hadn't done the bearings (i.e., pull the f and put in the h), definitely done inside of a weekend.
      1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

It took one day to drop in and the second day i fired it up.Overall my first swap by myself.Easy as putting in another F22.If you have all the tools and parts together you can do it in less than say 8 working hours.I spent 1300 complete JDM LSD swap.Got that for a steal!I'll say taping the H tranny was the easiest part.I've seen many h22 going for cheap prices every month in my area.So source out a cheap motor and study how to check out if its a good one.
        Hybridnation

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
          euro-r's cost around 3200 shipped.
          Where do you get them for that price? Im seeing much closer to 4000

Comment

swapped myself. first time i used kmart tools....sucked big time cuz the sockets kept expanding leading for the socket not to fit lol

now i got my good arsenal of tools!

spent about $500 on parts ie: gaskets, h23 manual tensioner, waterpump, timing; balancer; alternator belts, axles, intake, oil, coolant, flywheel resurface, 4 rolls of electrical tape, cant think of anything else at the moment.

Comment

lost track a long time ago. maybe between 4500-6000??

and yes, i did all the work myself with the help of friends.

Comment

did it myself , cost arround 2000$ in total with the motor and shit.
                took me 3 days ,
                day 1 to remove motor, swap new 1 in
                day 2 start the wire tuck
                day 3 finish the wire tuck and burn my way out hehe
                本田**AcCoRd**本田
                Click to see my CB7
                '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
                '93 civic hatch -sold
                '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
                '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
                '96 Golf- Sold
                '96 Bmw 328-Sold
                '01 Civic Si-Sold
                '99 Maxima-Sold
                '88 Crx-Sold
                '91 Accord H22-sold
                '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
                '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
                '93 Accord-Sold
                '89 Prelude Si-Sold
                '91 Crx Si-Sold
                '93 Honda accord-Sold
                '88 Ford Exp-Rip
                '92 Tracker-Sold
                and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

I had two of my friends with me for the swap, took a long ass time though because it was summer and there were way more important things to do back then like go out and drink beer

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

ok ok ok no bullshit

Motor Trans and ECU 1950.00 Shipped

Total time from driving into the garage and pulling out of the garage with the h22 alive , wrench time not sittin around or anything , Me , Lodollar, and a Friend did my swap in 6 hours total time ....

and thats with problems I would venture to say , Lodollar92lx could do a swap in 4 hours if he needed to , kid is amazing
                    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

I had the car converted to 5 speed and an f22b swapped in for a thousand bucks (=total cost, motor + parts, no labor as me and a friend did it). Am I proud of it? No. You get what you pay for, the motor blew in two months. Why didnt I go h22? Because I was/am poor, and vtak is over-rated. ... ok not really. I didnt want to shell out over 2 grand for a motor and trans.

It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

It's easily three grand if you want to do it right. The engine/ecu/tranny are obvious, but things like a new clutch, throwout bearing, new seals, gaskets, pumps, downpipe, fresh hoses, blah adds up very quickly.

Then, if there are damaged parts on the engine, like the IAB box, that'll add up too.

Time depends on knowledge... but also on how clean you want your swap to be. Expect your car to be down at least a week, maybe two. Stuff happens, that's just part of working on [old] cars.

Comment

ive got about 1300 in mine right now... just started the work this mourning... had the pull the h22 out of the doner 98 lude hit in the front took 4 hours to get it out. "cutting hood and radaitor cradle off unhooking all lines and wiring plugs droping whole subfram car was on a lift so i just hit the up button on the lift the car gose up and the motor trans subfram axles suppension where left on the ground....
                          paid 700 for the motor but still have to get all timing belts gaskets front seals rear main seal using my f22 , stage 2 clutch and 11lb flywheel nuy new throwout bearing still have to get obd1 injectors, dizzy, p28 ecu new motor mounts

i spent 144 on h23 manual tensioner conversion from honda.

allowing myself 3 weeks for swap "wire tuck shaved engi bay paint engi bay"

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                          Originally posted by deevergote.
                          But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

This is a good thread!

Originally posted by Juice21
                            thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                            Originally posted by GameChewer
                            Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

I spent quite a bit on my swap. I also had some help from my friends. I failed at electrical. And some help dropping in the motor and so on since kinda hard doing it one person. But overall around 3500 I think total maybe a lil more. Main reason I had to buy a lot of parts that the damn place screwed me over on.

Got ecu/trans/h22a = 1750. Spent more than I expected on it

Things I got screwed over on
                              1. P0F ECU (Had to buy a P28 and get it chipped cost me around 160 [kinda desperate to get car working so no choice])
                              2. H23 Trans (450) (They gave me one off of a base lude with f22a1)
                              3. H23 Manual tensioner from honda (140-150 ish I forgot)
                              4. All the seals/timing/water pump/belts and crap/new motor mounts = too much.
                              5. Dented oil pan (good thing had a spare lying around)

But thats all I can think of. The part I hated most about this swap was waiting on the parts. Nothing would come in on time. One day stuff would come in and we would get parts together....Another day came where nothing came in so lost day of progress. All I can say from learning from this experience....order whatever you need in advance so you can do everything. Another thing make sure you are getting what you pay for. I learned these the hard way and suffered some costs from it.

So in the end of the day Eric's Japan gets a thumb down in my book. Service was ok. Just a warning in the Dallas area make sure he gives you the right shit. Not some shit thats not meant for your car such as an f22a1 trans on an h22a or a p0f ecu when you need a p13.

EDIT: I also blame myself for not researching this swap thoroughly before purchasing. With the ECU and trans. Knowing what your buying is a powerful tool. Make sure you know what your getting into before you purchase anything. This goes researching engine codes, trans codes, part numbers, how to identify the proper trans such as LSD (you can see through the axle shafts instead of a bar in the way) and so on.
                              Last edited by NAiL05; 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i swapped in my f20b with the help of foamypirate took us 4 days of working after 2 or so to about 10pm so mabye a full 24hrs of work on the car

engine: $1400 shipped
                                misc parts $300
                                total: 1700

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread
                                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                                X