Axle Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axle Question...

I was wondering when you swap a H22 into a Accord do you use Prelude Axles or Accord?
    -Chris
    HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
    -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Well see soon I will be swapping a H22 in my car, but right now I have a front driver side axle knocking, so I was thinking ahead of the game to see if I could just replace it with a Prelude Axles... When I swap the motor im going to have prelude si (H23) Tranny...
    -Chris

Comment

The 4th gen prelude is wider so the axles are longer. They'll be alright as long as you don't go over any bumps that would make the suspension compress.

I'm running an H22A with H23A 5-Speed and rebuilt Accord axles.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

The Accord axles will work, but the Accord intermediate shaft is considerably weaker than the Prelude. I recomend that if Drag racing or hard launches are in you future after doing the swap, I would use this following combo: Use the Prelude intermediate shaft with the Prelude inner CV (female) joint combined with the Accord Shaft and Accord outer CV joint. Do not use a complete Prelude axle, it is slightly too long and will bind up. The axles are relatively easy to take apart and reasemble to get this new "custom" combo.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
          The Accord axles will work, but the Accord intermediate shaft is considerably weaker than the Prelude. I recomend that if Drag racing or hard launches are in you future after doing the swap, I would use this following combo: Use the Prelude intermediate shaft with the Prelude inner CV (female) joint combined with the Accord Shaft and Accord outer CV joint. Do not use a complete Prelude axle, it is slightly too long and will bind up. The axles are relatively easy to take apart and reasemble to get this new "custom" combo.
          Sweet, So the Accord is really weaker? Damn that sucks. Mines running great right now so I'm not going to go crazy changing anything but if I see a 4th gen lude at any yard I'll rip that off quick.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

The metal that the Accord intermediate shaft is considerably more "brittle" than the Prelude counter part. Trust me... I have ripped 4 accord intermediate shafts apart not including countless axles. It is a pain to get the remaining portion of the intermediate shaft out of the differential when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
              I really need to do this.. never before has Auto Zone become my best friend (unlimited life time warranty on axles)

Built H22 inside

Comment

Welcome to the board Pearl, this is HondaAdict off of Hondasociety
                -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCBDriver
                  Welcome to the board Pearl, this is HondaAdict off of Hondasociety
                  thanks! i remember you! nice site!

Built H22 inside

Comment

Working...
                  X