What Size Drag Radials Should I run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Size Drag Radials Should I run?

Im looking to put some BFG drag radials on my Prelude SI wheels , I dont know whats the best size , Ive not been to the track more than once to even look at what people are running can someone with more knowledge hook me up with the size I want ????

Also Anyone know what I should run on them with these mods ?

JDM H22
    Chipped P28
    H22 Trans
    Short Ram
    2.5" header all the way back exhaust
    msd Digital sci
    Zex Dry 75 shot
    FPR
    255 pump
    aem Rail
    no spare in trunk

I ran a 15.1 on 17" street tires with spare and P13 ecu , with no traction ?

PS im more concerned on the tires cause I spun sooo bad off the line with my led foot ....
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

The more contact patch the better...Thats all Imma say.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

basically in a drag radial you dont want to go too big because that hinders you performance but you also dont want to go too small because you wont get maximum traction, as you probably already know.

the size you should be running depends on many things. unfortunately for you i dont remember all of the things that affect the size you should be running but horsepower, torque and the gearing all play a factor in it. im not 100% sure about all of this because i havent really done any drag racing in a FWD car and the only info i got about slicks was from my dad talking to me and that would be about RWD cars. i would assume most of it is about the same, ill check up on it but i think there are programs you can download that you input a bunch or data and it should tell ya what size to run.

hopefully this help ya a bit and im not giving false info because that would be

Comment

get the bfg 225 in the 15". I've hear good things

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          get the bfg 225 in the 15". I've hear good things

Wow So far ive been lookin and thats what I cam out with as my choice then I came on here and u said it nice ... they look good . I will be buying some of those soon .. Thanks
          Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

no prob. My friend wally ran them with 300whp no problem. Hittin a 12.99 once with a crap launch

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
            X