Tire gash repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire gash repair?

Hey guys, I just noticed the front driver side tire on my car has a gash in it, like from running over something like a blade, lol. Literally it looks like someone took a ginsu knife and slashed into the tread, but the sidewall is fine. The gash is medium-deep and I removed a small piece of what looked like a jigsaw blade from it.

My question is can this be repaired? The tires are nearly new and have tons of tread left, I'd hate to have to buy new ones. Do they make some kind of rubber compound that can fill in the gash and bond with the rubber? The tire is still holding air just fine and I'm still driving on it (cautiously).
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

if its still holding air its fine cause that part of the tire has metal wires halfway through it you should be fine
    Last edited by almostJDM; 05-31-2007, 06:13 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

yeah youll be fine. I have many on my wheels. & some nails too.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

lol, so there's no type of material that will bond with the rubber and fill the hole in? just to be safe.
        I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

Comment

tar?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

not for a gash but if there was it would only last for a very short time b4 it started leaking

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
            X