why do Rota's suck so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phempa

thats not the first Rota wheel I've seen fucked up like that.

What's the deal with these wheels?
    Agree, never seen a wheel come apart like that. Usually when a wheel seperates from a vehicle it will shear the studs and the wheel stays in one peice.
    Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

I've nailed a curb pretty hard with OEM wheels. 7 spokes actually. Nothing but really bad curb to speak of.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School
        Agree, never seen a wheel come apart like that. Usually when a wheel seperates from a vehicle it will shear the studs and the wheel stays in one peice.
        my buddie's old 5zigen wheels came apart once, after he slid and hit a tree.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

rotas are for the price.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I think some of you guys expect wayy to much out of your money. Thats like me buying fake airfoces and then complaining that the shoe is falling apart after 6 months while the real ones are showing no wear other than break in.

Also from what i understand, a lot of you guys drive wayy to hard everyday on the streets.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

i also love my rota's, not to long ago I hit a curb I was turning on a one way turn on the center divider to a costco parking lot when I kind of made to sharp of a left turn when my back driver side wheel hit and and bounced my car in the opposite direction and nothing happened to them just a small scratch, but they survived, and I Just recently added some honda center caps which look sicker than ever, long story short for rota's

Comment

Originally posted by Old School
                He hit the curb hard enough to snap hit rotor in half and break his caliper. This would EASILY be enough force to do that to any wheel except cold-forged wheels, which would cost about 4 times what Rotas do. The moral of this story? If you're driving your car hard enough to cause this kind of damage, don't blame the wheel. 99% of the time, the error lies somewhere between the driver's seat and the steering wheel.
                ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end
                Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

X2, and not to mention, they're mostly for track and smooth roads, not the daily grind on Autobahn

Originally posted by zack_odom
                  Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Because Filipinos make them. Pinoy Pride baby!
                    Raceline USA

Comment

Working...
                    X