No announcement yet.

why do Rota's suck so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do believe i would place my life in rota's hands, just don't nail curbs or try to roll your ride and shit. you know? just taking a hard corner won't detinate a rim.
    hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

If Rotazzzzzzz were really as bad as people think they'd be out of business, lickety split. This guy skidded into a curb...it's probably for the better that it was just his rim rather than something like his knuckle or frame getting ripped apart. "Don't be hatin"

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        If Rotazzzzzzz were really as bad as people think they'd be out of business, lickety split. This guy skidded into a curb...it's probably for the better that it was just his rim rather than something like his knuckle or frame getting ripped apart. "Don't be hatin"
        x2.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
          i love my rotas, they haven't fallen apart, somebody stole 2 of my center caps, but the rims are still in one piece, and i will continue to buy rota wheels into the future. i will do so until i have one fall apart from just driving down the street
          WORD!

Comment

BUT THEY JUST KNOCK OFFS THEY GOTS TA SUCK AINT NOTHIN LIKE THE REAL THING BABY UH HUH

something like that.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

aftermarket cast wheels arent alwaysa good wheel for any type of racing... just buy forged wheels and dont worry about it

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                BUT THEY JUST KNOCK OFFS THEY GOTS TA SUCK AINT NOTHIN LIKE THE REAL THING BABY UH HUH

something like that.

a lot of wheel companies copy each other...not only Rota wheels....

Rota's are not that bad of a rim...if you use them like wheels rather than curb busters...they will be fine...

The only issue with Rota's and other cast aluminum wheels is that they aren't as tough as forged aluminum or steel rims. Where the latter may bend and give upon impact, cast aluminum rims like Rotas aren't as ductile, and may shatter and crack rather than bend and give.

I guess this is what you give up for a lighter, cheaper, and a relatively competent wheel.

DEVOTE

Comment

Why do all wheels suck so bad?

No wheel can survive a side impact,hop a sidewalk or curb without getting some sort of damage. Some people are even unaware until they get their tires balanced that their rims are bent/damaged even though they look perfectly fine to our eyes. A simple deep pothole can do the trick if driven over fast enough.

If they just get bent...then maybe it just got hit the right way. This was the G-square that never made cut when I got into my accident.

I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                    No wheel can survive a side impact,hop a sidewalk or curb without getting some sort of damage. Some people are even unaware until they get their tires balanced that their rims are bent/damaged even though they look perfectly fine to our eyes. A simple deep pothole can do the trick if driven over fast enough.

If they just get bent...then maybe it just got hit the right way. This was the G-square that never made cut when I got into my accident.

oh god... good thing you came out alright though. i agree, as long as you use the wheel for what it was meant for, you should be alright. but, there will always be accidents, that's why theyre called accidents... IMO rota's are street rims for show, not for track or racing etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                      oh god... good thing you came out alright though. i agree, as long as you use the wheel for what it was meant for, you should be alright. but, there will always be accidents, that's why theyre called accidents... IMO rota's are street rims for show, not for track or racing etc etc
                      so true but some of these cats on here dont realize it. I rather take stock shits. Atleast its much safer.

Comment

IMO rota's are street rims for show, not for track or racing etc etc
                        I always thought racing tracks were more smooth than normal roads...taking the highways in Toronto, I can't imagine any race circuits demanding more from a wheel
                        DEVOTE

Comment

IMO rota's are street rims for show, not for track or racing etc etc
                          I dont agree with that at all.All wheels sold in the U.S. have to be ISO certified.Of course a wheel is going to break if impacted at the right speed with say...a curb

Comment

but the Rotas and Drags are'nt going to crack or breake from auto-x type of stuff on the street are they?

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                              I always thought racing tracks were more smooth than normal roads...taking the highways in Toronto, I can't imagine any race circuits demanding more from a wheel
                              He must not drive hard on the street, but damn I do and my rotas are fine so far.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I aint afraid to show my replicas.........

i wear them proudly.... the wheels may not be "JDM" big fucking deal it looks good and it makes the car look better.

plus if i were ever to buy jdm rims i would only show it off at car shows *just for the safety of being jacked* other then that my rotas can be a beater anyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X