Nitto 555 Extreme Tire failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitto 555 Extreme Tire failure

My 265/30 19 rear tire failed on my BMW coupe (see pics). I've sent an email to Nitto asking for an explaination. Do you guys think Nitto will replace? I feel like they should.. If this would have happened at highway speeds, it could have been a terrible wreck. My opinion of Nitto just went down a couple notches..

Nitto Tire Failure
    Last edited by akrodha; 09-11-2006, 07:37 AM.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

i thought about getting Nittos before . i just put on a set on a cadillac cts v on saturday. they look a like a wonderful tire but i was disappointed on the traction that they gave. (traction a= )

Comment

Nitto sucks donkey balls.....the only tires i will buy are michelin or pirrelli. unless of course during the summer my camber wear through my 500 set of tires in under 10kmiles lol then Nankang is what i use lol but yea Nitto should replace them but i doubt they will. good luck ! glad u ok!
      My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
        Nitto sucks donkey balls.....the only tires i will buy are michelin or pirrelli. unless of course during the summer my camber wear through my 500 set of tires in under 10kmiles lol then Nankang is what i use lol but yea Nitto should replace them but i doubt they will. good luck ! glad u ok!
        i would never buy michelin or pirrelli tires or let alone nankang. bridgestone for life.

Comment

Falkens. But then again, I actually enjoy a tire that grips. Haha!

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

I prefer Yokohama or Toyo..but what can i say i got hookup on Toyo so no complaints there.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i had falkens i love the treadwear. i had the toyo fz4 they stuck. if you want a tire that grips get a set of bridgestone s0-3, or a yokohama es100.

Comment

so hankooks are junk :-/ I thought they were good that's what im planning on getting

Comment

Kumho's have been good to me..

but due to lack of money i had to go with the no name brand

but the next set will be Kumho 711s because i've already found a deal on em

o and oneoffaccord it makes it very hard to think when i see her all the time after you post->>
                  Last edited by GunRunner; 12-21-2005, 09:13 PM.
                  -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Costco All Season Tires baby!!!!!!!
                    "form follows function."
                    Louis Sullivan

Comment

my michelins have lasted me over i wanna say 10 winters....or about 70,000 miles....my pirelli's grip was incredible, no road noise, lasted like 40k miles, wore down to the steel reinforments bc of my camber ....the guys at the shop said it was a miracle the tire didn't blow......Nankang are good for money, wear is minimal, road noise=none, grip could be better though......the only tires i won't touch with a 10 foot pole are Falkens, Fuzion, Nitto or Yokohama.
                      My members ride thread

Comment

are goodyear f1 anygood for all the car knowledge i have, i know nothing about tires.
                        ]

Comment

Working...
                        X