16s - tire recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16s - tire recs?

k i have been searching and researching all over not just on this site and i cant figure out what size tire i should get with my wheels.......i am getting rota slipstreams probably sports bronze or black im not sure which to put on a black car? i dont know which offset to run on the wheels i was thinking mayb a 40? i am getting toyo t1S tires but im not sure wheather to get 205 215 or 225 and which aspect ratio i should get plz help. thx

i am dropping the car to about a 1-2 finger gap between the fender and tire.

205 would be your best bet, but 215 woulden't hurt either...
    Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Well i know this has been covered, look through peoples members rides or look through the many threads about wheels and offsets.

Comment

so 215/45/16 or 215/40/16 i dont want them to be supper supper low pro i do want sum meat on the tires but i dont want to much and im confused about the offset wich would be ideal a 40 or 45 i want it pretty much flush with the fender .

Comment

Originally posted by accordboy
          so 215/45/16 or 215/40/16 i dont want them to be supper supper low pro i do want sum meat on the tires but i dont want to much and im confused about the offset wich would be ideal a 40 or 45 i want it pretty much flush with the fender .
          your getting the same setup as me! in sports bronze...i would go with the 45 or 50 if i were you...40 would be to slim...and even 45...if you get the 16 inch rims..go with the 7 inch wide ones..not the 6.5....also i think you should go with 215 if you get the 7 inch ones.....so 215/50/16 would be nice a nice setup..thats what im getting...! in sports bronze..hey post pics when you get them..

Comment

i've got 215/40's on my 17's and i think that they look better than my 205/40's i had on before..doesn't look like i'm riding on rubberbands anymore
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

accordboy, you didn't state what size rims you are getting.

In general, don't just get the widest tire that will fit safely on a given rim --- classic noob faux pas. They'll look stupid and be more queasy 'n' greasy in handling (and slightly hurt MPG) if you do.

At any rate, make one of your goals to preserve as best you can the accuracy of your odometer and speedometer --- a little extra width or a little less width or a little more tire height or a little less tire height isn't going to help or hurt performance much. The tire design itself is more a factor there.

But it might help or hurt appearance, so decide what you're after.

To preserve as best you can the accuracy of your odometer and speedometer, pay attention to tire diameter. This means that standard tire sizes will be based on (for example) one of the following sizes:

195/60-15
              205/50-16

However, those assume standard rim widths of like 5.5 or 6 inches. My guess is that the Slipstreams are more like 7". So maybe wider but shorter aspect ratio would work better.

Remember that aspect ratio is just that --- a ratio of width to height, so for example not all 50-series tires will have the same side profile (i.e. height).

To see how far off one particular tire size might be, plug in values at this site (there are others that do the same thing):

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

(Tip: download that page to your desktop so that you can use if if your Internet service ever goes down.)

Plug in 195/60-15 as a reference and then plug in what you are considering. You'll see the difference (in percentage) of any tire diameter.

For another take on what size would be ideal for a given rim size, consider using tirerack.com. Use your car as a reference, and "go shopping" for rims there --- when you see a rim that's the same size and width of the Slipstreams (eg. 15 x 7) click on a "buy tires" link and you'll see sizes that are ideal for that rim.
              Last edited by deckeda; 10-30-2005, 01:29 AM.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

thx alot i didnt even notice i forgot to put the wheel size oops i am getting 16s and what about the offset of the rim?

Comment

i am going with 205/50 16s cause i want meat on the tires. if you run a 40 series tire you risk bending your rim. my brother has 195/15 15s on his rims and they look fine.
                  "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                  sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                  Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                  Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

I've always thought general rule of thumb on accords is:

195/60 15
                    205/50 16
                    215/45 17

Comment

i think 205/50 16 is a good choice JUST for the fact that roads these days are not up to par and MOST of them have potholes bumps etc. that will harm the rim.
                      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

thx alot i didnt even notice i forgot to put the wheel size oops i am getting 16s and what about the offset of the rim?
                        any offset from +40 to +45 will work well...

Comment

thx for all the help and would a 40mm offset stick farther out than a 45mm offset and i was looking at that miata tire and wheel calculator and with a 215/40/16 its virtually the same overall diameter of the the factory wheels and tires and i still have 3.4 inches of ruber between the wheel and tread wich is one inch smaller than factory i dont think i should have any problems with my rims bending do u?

Comment

... and with a 215/40/16 its virtually the same overall diameter of the the factory wheels and tires ...
                            It's evident that speedometer and odometer accuracy isn't really a primary goal of yours. You've instead chosen a harsher-riding tire that's also wider than it needs to be.

Good luck with your choice.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

i had 205/55/15 before worked well looked great

next summer i'm rolling on toyo proxes t1-s 205/50/15

should be nice

Comment

Working...
                              X