Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting new tires...15x6 rims...looking at 205/55's (15s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting new tires...15x6 rims...looking at 205/55's (15s)

so i will be going to sams and getting some tires today/tomorrow and i am looking at some 205/55 bf goodrich v rated tires or goodyear eagle 205/55 h rated...i have 15x6 rims so i know these will work cause my brother has some 205/55 tires on 15x6 rims. I was wanting some suggestions. My car is lowered...so i do want some good handling tires and something for all season...especially rain. I wasnt sure if i can go 215 wide on 6inch wide rims or should i go lower profile 50, 45? any suggestions?
    Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
    Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

need to understand that some tires have a wider contact patch even when they are the same size as other tires. the second number when referring to tires refers to the sidewall. while many companies produce numerous styles of sidewall heights some tire series have much stiffer sidewall materials (and thats much more important than the actual height).

i highly doubt fitting 215s on 6inch wide rims. 205 is a good medium for you to choose. as far as sidewall it depends on common tire usage and if you want your speedo to be accurate or not.

Comment

well my speedo is already messed up due to the tires that cam w/ my rims...it doesnt really bother me. My current tires now are thicker than what I am looking at buying so it may get a little more accurate. Thanks for the info on the sidewall i'll ask which are the stiffest/better performance tires.
      Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
      Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

i run a 195/55 tire on a 15 x 7 wheel. you don't need a 215 nor a 205.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i got the 205/55/15 V BF Goodrich Touring Pro series...they work for me

anyways i got em back tonight. I drove my car and it seems to pull to the left...but wheel balancing has nothing to do with this? i never noticed it before and i dont understand. my steering wheel shakes less meaning they balanced them but could they have knocked it out of alignment? i am right saying wheel balancing has nothing to do with the pull to the right/left?

im probably just going to get a frnt wheel alignment anyways but i was just curious

Comment

Working...
          X