15x7 negative offset question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x7 negative offset question

Hey guys I'm in the market for new summer wheels and I have a question. I found wheels that are 15x7 with - 9 offset, has anyone tried a wheel like this?

I also have wagon calipers now so I'm consume I will need spacers and extended studs. Any advice would be great!

And I'm lifted so I'm not worried about rubbing the fenders.

Thanks!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Why would you need spacers and extended studs? Negative offset will result in the hub being further back.

These wheels will poke out a significant amount, and they will put significant stress on your wheel bearings.
    Even lifted, I'd assume that any wheels that are poking well beyond the fenders would put the tires at risk. Hit one big bump that compresses the suspension far enough, and you'll end up with a sliced tire and a damaged fender.

My advice would be to stick to wheels that actually fit the car properly.

Comment

Those will stick out like 4"

I remember you're lifted, but that's not the best choice. Stick to +25ish at a minimum with a 7" wide wheel. I also puts stress on balljoints, wheel bearings, you know.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. Just ordered some deep dish steelies. 15x7 with 4 inch back spacing which is zero offset so they should flow nicely

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

They'll still poke out a good amount beyond the fenders, and put unnecessary strain on your wheel bearings.

Comment

Working...
          X