thoughts on xxr 532

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts on xxr 532

I personally like the look of the silvers alot but would get a flat blacks to be alittle stealth
    My 91 ex coupe
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Gorgeous wheels, I've been a fan of the design for a while. The originals, I can't remember off hand who did them first. They look amazing on older Japanese coupes, but I'm not sure if a CB could pull them off. If anyone has them, or can do a realistic photoshop, do post! My build's got a bit of a 'Japanese take on American muscle' theme and these wheels would fit well... if they work with the CB's body lines.

A photo, for the convenience of future thread viewers:

ED - Here we go, SSR Mk II's:

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-17-2012, 02:12 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

i think it would look cool
      back at it again

Comment

I'd do it. They're pretty good looking rims, and lets be honest, for the price, you can't beat it.

Comment

I like the look. Not the usual trendy XXR style... but I still despise XXR.

Also, that Miata looks like complete shite.

Comment

Definitely. It just doesn't make sense.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I like the look. Not the usual trendy XXR style... but I still despise XXR.

Also, that Miata looks like complete shite.
              I think the 5 spoke design of the 532 look better then 4 spoke mk2's on that miata
              My 91 ex coupe
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

I like the 5 spoke design much more myself. Why were the mk2s even posted? Totally different wheels...

That Miata looks like it's sitting on a broken axle.

Comment

That Miata looks like it's sitting on a broken axle.
                  Because racecar ... you know after trendy altezzas and CF spoilers went out of style ********* came in.

Comment

I cant stand XXR wheels period. im tired of kids putting these on and they are sticking outside the fender about a full 1".

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      I cant stand XXR wheels period. im tired of kids putting these on and they are sticking outside the fender about a full 1".
                      Amen, brother!
                      Someone mentioned in another thread that XXR originally started as a Rota knockoff company. Literally... they made fake Rotas (and badged them as Rotas). A copy of a copy. I asked for proof, but I don't think he's provided any yet. I really want to believe it!

To me, XXR represents the core of the "hellaflush, stanced, etc..." movement.
                      I don't mind mods that look idiotic. I don't mind unpainted body kits. I don't mind huge aluminum wings. I don't mind tow hooks bolted to plastic bumper covers. I don't mind hoods painted black (because carbon fiber is too expensive).
                      What I DO mind is a modification that actually makes a car more dangerous to drive. Excessive negative camber, wheels of an insanely low offset (putting considerable strain on the hub and wheel bearing), and almost NO suspension travel... that's one hell of a dangerous daily driver, especially for kids that can't afford to drop $500+ for new tires every couple months!

XXR wheels of a proper size and offset, or at least not unreasonable... run with little to no negative camber... I can't say I love them, but I can't hate. It's the trend that seems to be surrounding the brand that irritates me.
                      The magazine queens ride on $2000 wheels, and the cars are not daily driven (certainly not like that). The kiddies that want to emulate those cars ride on $300 XXRs... and they drive them daily.

Comment

Hate the hellaflush crap, i love a deep dish or decent lip wheel (Doesn't require retarded offset or camber). It would be a cold day in hell before i went to those extremes to follow a trend and on a FWD car it looks even dumber.

Show car yeah sure DD lol no.

Nothing against cheap'ish wheels at all i'd run xxr's but no more than a 30 offset and normal camber. I went through my slammed days when it was the "Thing" and that was bad enough.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

slammed days arent over but overkill is a different story. i love a slammed car but when when the wheel is poking out and standing straight up and down(0deg camber) and car isnt even lowered looks horrible. im all for the stance look up poked out wheels is a no no

Comment

I'm not a fan of slammed, but I do understand it to a point. Especially in competition. IMO, when the suspension loses all effectiveness, then it's too far. I actually raised my car recently!
                            But yeah, low is one thing, but dangerous is another.

Comment

Why were the mk2s even posted? Totally different wheels...
                              Because they're the originals. Look at the spokes themselves. Same exact design, XXR just added another spoke.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X