Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 Integra type r wheels... Direct bolt on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 Integra type r wheels... Direct bolt on?

Whats up guys. Stumbled upon some jdm 96 ITR wheels. I know the bolt pattern is right for our cars, but I read somewhere while doing a search that I will need to shave the caliper or put spacers on it. Is this true, or are they direct bolt on with no modification needed? I have a 90 EX with rear drums if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
    Whats up guys. Stumbled upon some jdm 96 ITR wheels. I know the bolt pattern is right for our cars, but I read somewhere while doing a search that I will need to shave the caliper or put spacers on it. Is this true, or are they direct bolt on with no modification needed? I have a 90 EX with rear drums if that makes a difference. Thanks!
    Yes they will fit but you need to do one of the two things like you said. The problem is, shaving the caliper isn't safe, and adding the 5mm spacer required to stock studs doesn't give lug nuts enough thread to hold on to, and can cause them to gradually loosen. I've seen it happen personally with 96 itr's on a cb7.

The best solution is to buy extended studs and then you can run whatever spacer you want to get a wider track, like 20mm.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Yes they will fit but you need to do one of the two things like you said. The problem is, shaving the caliper isn't safe, and adding the 5mm spacer required to stock studs doesn't give lug nuts enough thread to hold on to, and can cause them to gradually loosen. I've seen it happen personally with 96 itr's on a cb7.

The best solution is to buy extended studs and then you can run whatever spacer you want to get a wider track, like 20mm.
      thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I really dont feel like changing the studs out so I think im just going to bail on this guy and wait for some cd5 wheels to come along and paint them white.

Comment

Working...
      X